Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long after getting off Birth Control diid you get pregnant? edited all..

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 41 Replies

What Birth Control were you on and how long after getting off of it did you get pregnant?

Though my skin is white, I am a woman of many colors.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
batsbelfry
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I was on OrthoEvra (the patch) and got pregnant within a month of not using it.

joshlor2
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I was ON ortho tricyclen when I conceived my ds.
I had been off of the depo provera shot for about 2 years when I finally conceived my DD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM
YaZ and a couple of weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3earthangels
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM
First pregnancy I had the Nortplant implant for almost 5 years. Had that taken out April 2002, and found out I was pregnant oct 2002 much to my surprise. We were told it would be at least a year before my cycles were regular and friends who had it removed 2+ years still weren't pregnant. He was planned, but we weren't going to try until 2003.

My second pregnancy I still had the Paraguard in place.

My third pregnancy I Refrained from sex for over 3 years, no bc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Callistocy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM

My first birth control was Nuva Ring and I stopped because I couldn't afford it anymore (no insurance) then I got pregnant about 8 months later. (During the first month of unprotected sex).
After I had my first child I was on the Depo Shot, but I HATED it so I never went back for another shot. I got pregnant with my second 10 months after my first was born (which was 7 months after my Depo Shot became ineffective)
I never went on birth control after that. I had another baby and I am now pregnant with my 4th.

TableforSeven
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I was on bcp for almost 2 years after our first child was born and we decided to ttc. It took 15 months and fertility pills to get pregnant.
I was on the minipill for about 6 months after our second child was born and we decided to ttc again - it took 9 months to get pregnant.
sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM
I had the mirena. It was removed in August and I got pregnant in November.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM
I was on Yasmin. Off for almost exactly a year before I got pg with dd.

Was on lo-ogesterol and stopped Sept, got pregnant the following cycle in Oct. MC in Dec. Ttc again this past cycle (ovulated Jan 1st) and just got my period today. :( Hopefully next cycle I will get pg .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM
I was on Mirena, got pregnant 5 days after taking it out. Miscarried 2 months later and got pregnant again a month after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I was on OrthoTriCyclin and it took two weeks with both of my two younger. With my oldest, I wasn't on bc, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)