Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about Clomid...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

I read that Clomid can cause cysts.   anyone have that problem?   Also that it can make CM hostile to sprem,  so what should I do for that?  and also if I already ovulate ( just based on CM) that Clomid doesnt help is this true?  I dont think I O'ed yet this month..I started to see CM but not sure.. I think the cysts make it difficult...   anyone have advice?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LeahJ
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Have you discussed this with your dr? Has s/he already prescribed it? Many women who use Clomid have PCOS- which obviously means she has ovarian cysts. Have you tried using an OPK? I was on Clomid for babies 2 and 3 and the month i used the OPK both times is the month I got pg.

Clomid helps your body ovulate if you're not doing it on your own. Have you had your hormone levels tested? They checked mine before they prescribed it, then every month would check again to see if i had actually ovulated. Clomid isn't some magic pill to get you pg. Its for specific issues and you should check with your dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmisscee1974
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Not me, but it made me 8 days late.

EthansMomma129
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I had unexplained infertility after having my first son. After trying for two years and testing with no clear answers my dr prescribed clomid. I did get pregnant right away but i miscarried at 5 weeks. Once i had my next period i took it again. I now have 7 nonth old twins. I used an opk the se ond time i got pregnant. The first time o could feel the worse pain in my ovaries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhyming05
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I go for an U/S in March to see where the cyst is. From there I will be told whether or not I will go on it. I havent been diganoised w/ PCOS , my only problem is my period comes every 31-43 days.  This is the first cysts my doctor has seen , and the 2nd u/s Ive gotten in a few months. So I dont think they are present every month.  I use OPKs and got +'s  and see CM.  this month nothing yet. And it usually is CD 19-20. Im on CD 23 now- but Im not on anything yet. maybe stress.. I dont think  my horomones have been tested yet. I think I get that done in March.  I think the only reason she wants to prescribe it to help me regulate and make sure I ovulate. I told her I take OPKs and see CM , so I am not sure what the real reason is.

Quoting LeahJ:

Have you discussed this with your dr? Has s/he already prescribed it? Many women who use Clomid have PCOS- which obviously means she has ovarian cysts. Have you tried using an OPK? I was on Clomid for babies 2 and 3 and the month i used the OPK both times is the month I got pg.

Clomid helps your body ovulate if you're not doing it on your own. Have you had your hormone levels tested? They checked mine before they prescribed it, then every month would check again to see if i had actually ovulated. Clomid isn't some magic pill to get you pg. Its for specific issues and you should check with your dr.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Gave me huge cysts if your worried Femara is always a option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)