Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH had a Cafemom Moment O_O

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 27 Replies

We're going out to the store, he's driving, Tralalalala. We pulled up to a 4-way stop. Stop completely and start to go and this woman comes out of nowhere going like 50 mph. We slam on the breaks, she swerves and slams on her breaks. Crash narrowly avoided!

Well, she goes throught the rest of the intersection and DH turns and pulls up beside her. I'm freaking out, I know he's about to engage her. He unrolls his window, she unrolls hers. DH leans over me, and starts chewing her out. "That was a 4-way stop, It's 30 mph through here, I've got a two-year old in the back seat, there are kids out and playing on this road." She 's like, "I'm sorry, I was on my phone." DH i like, "Yeah, that's your problem, that's illegal.'" Then he reiterates his warning, because there really are a lot of kids in our neighborhood, she apologizes again and we pull away.

Afterward, he turned to me and was like, "How bad is it when someone half your age has to tell you off for reckless driving?!"

I was like, "You belong on CM."

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starr1089
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Unrolls window? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Love it! Glad she was responsive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Awsome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CanInTex
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I hate people that talk on cells and drive.... myself included :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseofFeast
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Well, pushes button that unrolls the window...She has a really friggin' nice car too. OUrs probably wouldn't have survived a second wreck. (I crashed it over last summer)

Quoting Starr1089:

Unrolls window? Lol

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

BV88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking!!! Haha

Quoting Starr1089:

Unrolls window? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sabbycat69
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Score 100 points for the hubby:) Way to go. That there is a pet peeve of mine, of people who get distracted with things like their phone while they are driving. They have made laws against misuse of them, but people don't heed it and keep doing it.

Sparkey6987
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband needs a cm account. He came home one day yelling aboit how some guy in front of him in line at the corner store paid for pepsi and yodels with ebt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Whats a yodel? Lol

Glad you all didnt wreck op, but NO BOYS ALLOWED! Lol

Quoting Sparkey6987:

My husband needs a cm account. He came home one day yelling aboit how some guy in front of him in line at the corner store paid for pepsi and yodels with ebt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseofFeast
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

He wouldn't join for the life of him. He calls this place pure evil.

Quoting Susan0805:

Whats a yodel? Lol

Glad you all didnt wreck op, but NO BOYS ALLOWED! Lol

Quoting Sparkey6987:

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)