• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Used Zorb II??? Does it shrink??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying to make some CD inserts and was shopping around for Bamboo and Hemp products.. was originally thinking 2 layers of Hemp Fleece on top of 2 layers of Hemp Terry.. similar to a gCloth insert..

BUT THEN..

I remembered there is Zorb.. so I looked it up and it says 1 layer can replace up to 4 layers of Cotton/Bamboo..

SO...

I'm thinking I want to go the Zorb route..

BUT..

Does it shrink? The yard is only 45"x36" (rather than 56"+ like some other fabrics) and I'm trying to figure how many yards I need and how large I need to make my pads to allow for shrinkage..

I know the Hemp shrinks quite a bit (I read something like 12%) so I had to allow for that when figuring how many I could get out of 1 yard.. but does the Zorb shrink?

I'm looking at Zorb II Diamond and Dimple material..

PLEASE HELP!!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LJC6780
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Oh I think I just found that it can shrink up to 12%.. hmm.. you still don't need as much and it is cheaper/yard..

Back to figuring! :-)

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Yes, it shrinks up to 20%. Wash it before you use it.

I personally like zorb and OBF combo.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Also, if you buy it, don't buy it from Wazoodle. There are lots of second hand sellers and they have better customer service and shipping. Too many people buy from Wazoodle and don't get their stuff for months.

LJC6780
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I found some on Candle on the Hill.. I can get 2 yards of each Diamond and Dimple shipped for $59..

Does that sound like a good deal? I was *thinking* I could get about 45 2-layer pads out of it.. at roughly 5x13.5 (this larger allowing for a 12% shrinkage with a little left over).. Since it has an outer layer of cotton/bamboo I was just going to serge 1 layer of each style together..

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Also, if you buy it, don't buy it from Wazoodle. There are lots of second hand sellers and they have better customer service and shipping. Too many people buy from Wazoodle and don't get their stuff for months.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

That is really expensive. Join Cuties with Cloth Booties and I am sure they can point you in the direction of someone who can sell you some cheaper.

There really is no difference between the diamond and dimple besides the look.

What *I* would do is just cut a nice rectangle and make a trifold insert. It will dry faster. Just serge the edges and fold in thirds.

Quoting LJC6780:

I found some on Candle on the Hill.. I can get 2 yards of each Diamond and Dimple shipped for $59..

Does that sound like a good deal? I was *thinking* I could get about 45 2-layer pads out of it.. at roughly 5x13.5 (this larger allowing for a 12% shrinkage with a little left over).. Since it has an outer layer of cotton/bamboo I was just going to serge 1 layer of each style together..

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

LJC6780
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM

so an average of $15/yard is too expensive for Zorb II? Shipped? It was the cheapest I could find..

The reason I was going to use both is it looked like the dimple would be softer but the diamond might be a bit sturdier.. so I was going to use a layer of each and just serge together..

I'll ask around and see what else I can find.. this is proving to be a lot harder than I thought it would be!

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

That is really expensive. Join Cuties with Cloth Booties and I am sure they can point you in the direction of someone who can sell you some cheaper.

There really is no difference between the diamond and dimple besides the look.

What *I* would do is just cut a nice rectangle and make a trifold insert. It will dry faster. Just serge the edges and fold in thirds.

Quoting LJC6780:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)