Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A mystery of the universe - SOLVED!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
I have figured out why the sages of years ago decided that fish are 'pareve' (meaning neither dairy nor meat....for purpose of keeping kosher).

Fish are - apparently - PLANTS.

Here's my reasoning --
I have never been able to keep a plant alive....I was born with 2 'black thumbs' - every plant I touch will die.
A few months ago I took over caring for the fish-tank in our dining room. Since that time - NONE of the fish have lived long. We had an illness go through the tank that killed off all 25 fish...and now the new fish (put in after much cleaning, etc of the tank) are starting to die.
So...FISH are PLANTS.

Another mystery of the universe SOLVED. :-)
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jkleinman
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Agki
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

hehe!   I think they're dinosaurs.   ;)

ffpm10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Lol!!!!! I'm right there with you. And my son LOVES his "nemos"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3pippings
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM

LOL! Thanks for the info :D

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM

LOL, never heard that before. Had big fish dying here too, found out D.C. water has the ability to kill em if you don't use water conditioner and enzyme starter. So after about 20 dead fish I've 2 healthy guppies swimming in the tank.

alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM

lol.

I've never actually tried to keep a fish alive.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM

lol

TableforSeven
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

LOL, never heard that before. Had big fish dying here too, found out D.C. water has the ability to kill em if you don't use water conditioner and enzyme starter. So after about 20 dead fish I've 2 healthy guppies swimming in the tank.

The thing is...this isn't a new tank -- it is just that I started taking care of it a little while ago.
It is also not the only tank in the house - we have 3 other tanks...DD#2 cares for two of them and DD#3 for the third. The problems are only with the tank _I_ am caring for and only started after _I_ took over caring for it (DD#2 used to take care of this tank as well....I think she might take it over again soon because all the dead fish are starting to depress us all).
Stacie-Kim
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM

lol I kill fish too they are hard in a big tank ...

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Mine wasn't a new tank either, I took it over from a friend who PCS'd to another State. I grew up with fishtank and never had the big dying in there. My son was devasted as his Goldfish (the one which was in the tank he took care of) died. He cried by every single fish who died in there.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting Nerys-Kianna:

The thing is...this isn't a new tank -- it is just that I started taking care of it a little while ago.
It is also not the only tank in the house - we have 3 other tanks...DD#2 cares for two of them and DD#3 for the third. The problems are only with the tank _I_ am caring for and only started after _I_ took over caring for it (DD#2 used to take care of this tank as well....I think she might take it over again soon because all the dead fish are starting to depress us all).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)