• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you honest with your friends?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

*my friend is in the middle of a custody battle. her dd spent the first trial weekend at her dad's. She is 3. The court has ordered they do communication every time. So her ex sent a note back.

Well today my friend calls me livid! She reads me the note. It was very specific and gave details such as time of meals, what they ate, where they went, etc..I will say they added that the dd said she did not have a water bottle at home.They alsdo gave their dd, almost age 4, some cough syrup.

So after my friend is done reading she starts going in on how they fed dd late, she slept in their bed, etc...

I told my friend she sounded crazy and controlling. I explained to her that aside from the cough syrup none of what she read was bad and she needs to stop freaking out. 

She was thankful that I stopped her from emailing her ex and lawyer like a crazy person. I am so happy too, she is my friend and I look out for her. She said she called me because she knew that I was always honest with her and would give a unbiased opinion.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deenakate
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:53 PM
I am, sometimes they like it sometimes they don't.
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Always! All my friends know that if they just want a pat on the back and someone to agree with their point of view then I'm not the one to call. If they want the rational truth then feel free to call. I expect the same from them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1sweetmommma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Yup. They may not like what I have to say, but they do respect(and sometimes later thank) me for sayig it.

ColieO
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Yes. My friend is going through a divorce and knows I won't just tell her what she wants to hear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeGirl04049
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM

YES. I am very hones I dont sugar coat anything. supportive yes, do I word things so they are not harsh, yes. BUT, all my friends and family tell me thats why they know thay can come to me and get solid advice or an honest opinion, because I talk from my heart. Isnt that an important part of friendship? knowing they are not going to lie to you about anything?  Im the same way with DH, (except I can be harsh) and I am the same way on here, I cant say I DONT lie, because eveyone tells little white lies here and there in life for one reason or another, but I do my best not to and to be as honest and true as I can, I dont like the guilty feeling of being untruthful with someone. I have become a totally different person than I used to be a few years ago, life changing circumstances is the cause for that.

MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Yeah and one in particular needs it too!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Yes I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Always. I don't go out of my way to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't sugarcoat things to protect their feelings either if that even makes sense lol. Reading that seems to contradict itself, but it makes sense in my head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Depends on the friend. I have one friend who I have known since we were 13 yrs. old and I'll be completely honest with her. I have other more casual friends that I may not get too involved in their personal affairs.

alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Yes, we are honest with each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)