Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH's birthday gift to me

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

My birthday was on January 7th.  He ordered a gift for me for Christmas and learned it was backordered, so bought me a charmed memories bracelet for Christmas and called this my birthday gift.  Well, it came yesterday.  I got it last night and it made me cry.  (NOT in a bad way.)  You see, my dad passed away this past March 24.  Although he often doesn't know what to do or say and, at the time, avoided me for fear of making it worse, he really has amazed me.  He bought me a BEAUTIFUL necklace with a heart pendant.  Its silver (or white gold) and on the front has a teardrop in gold.  In the back it is engraved with the words," If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again."  I'm crying thinking of it.  My daddy was only 53 years old and I hadn't seen him in over 12 years, but we had contact and were mending things.  My biggest difficulty and heartache is that we never made things right.  I'm crying again thinking how amazing my husband is.  I get upset with him and complain about him, but when it comes down to it, he is wonderful.
I pretended to be ok for a LOOOOOOOOONG time, but back in August, I FINALLY told him I'm not.  I'm hurting; I don't know how to grieve and I'm lost.  I realize I'm back to pretending, but things ARE better.  I'm trying to be transparent, but it is hard.  I'm used to pretending. 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Aww thats nice...I'm sorry about your dad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Thanks.

deenakate
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM
How sweet, enjoy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)