Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Official Anthem of Cafemom, who wants to be in the video? *added contact info

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • 215 Replies
8 moms liked this

I decided it's been a long time since I used my video editing skills I paid to learn, so I want to make a music video for the Official Anthem of Cafemom. Below is a rough draft of the lyrics. I'm open to suggestions for changes. It will be to the tune of LMFAO's "Sexy and I know it". (The song is NOT about any one person nor does it include anything about any specific Cafemoms, so unless you ask to change a part of the lyrics to "fit" you, this is purely for entertainment).

YOU CAN EMAIL FINISHED MATERIAL OR SUGGESTIONS TO CAFEMOMANTHEM@EMAIL.COM

What I need is mommas with the ability to take video clips and send them via email, who are creative minded, and can put their own flair on the lyrics(costumes, kids/DH involvement, shooting on location). Message me if you're interested and if there is a part of the song you'd like to do. I already have an idea of where it should be divided, but it depends how many mommas are interested.

I will edit all the clips together and add the background music to the final thing, so I prefer lip syncing if you are going to use the music to guide you. If you want to actually sing let me know and I will send you the instrumental version of the song.

ETA: What I mean by lip syncing is that you will use the original version of the song but lip sync my lyrics to fit the beat. Then I remove the audio and replace it with the song I am going to record using a friend of mine who has agreed to sing the song(a guy, in falsetto), and he will match his voice to whoever is lip syncing. SO we need the video before the audio.

Once sections have been claimed, I'll indicate in red. First come first serve!

HOWEVER, I can mesh together several clips of the same thing, which could be cool! Like 3 or 4 mommies neglecting their carts, etc.

To the tune of "Sexy and I know it"

When I log on at night, girls be bitchin, want to start a fight

I reply real sweet, say im offended and that they mean

This is how I roll, make up a post and add a poll

It's that girl with her blog promo

Who's talking about abortion: yes or no? Yeah!

Girl, look at that home page, girl look at that homepage, girl look at that home page

Chatterbox!

Girl, look at that home page, girl look at that homepage, girl look at that home page

I'm gonna stalk!

When I visit Newcomers, what do I see

Everyone starting some shiz with me

I've got opinions in my posts and I ain't afraid to show it(show it show it show it)

I love drama and I know it (I love drama and I know it)

(Music interlude)

When I'm with my peers, I ask them if they forward face or rear

And when I breastfeed in public I don't bother to cover (what?)

It's just the law, you don't have to watch

I'm headed to the grocery store, and ain't it great?

Foodstamps, Medicaid, and I still buy steak, YEAH

Girl, look at that inbox, girl look at that inbox, girl look at that inbox

PMs!

Girl, look at that inbox, girl look at that inbox, girl look at that inbox

Just block them!

When I visit Newcomers, what do I see

Everyone starting some shiz with me

Don't put back my cart and I don't care who knows it (knows it knows it knows it)

Check it out, check it out

JudgeEm JudgeEm JudgeEm JudgeEM JudgeEm YEAH(x3)  (CLAIMED BY MS. DEAN)

I judge the mommies, yeah. Judge those mommies, yeah. (CLAIMED BY MS. DEAN)

Cuz I'm better yea. I wouldn't do that. (CLAIMED BY MS. DEAN)

I love drama and I know it (Hey! Yeah!)

Girl, breaking those terms, you're breaking those terms, yeah breaking those terms

I'll report!

She got booted, I got booted, yeah booted

Big red!

The instrumental video is in replies if anyone wants to practice.

I will also accept use of your screen name for the clips in certain parts. I plan on inserting random "salutes" where I will use ridiculous objects or men dressed as women for the salute. If i could get some "popular" screen names it would crack people up. If you're willing to "donate" your screen name just reply here and say who/what you want for your fake salute.

I NEED SOMEONE WILLING TO HAVE AN OLDER CHILD(OLD ENOUGH TO LOOK SILLY) "REAR FACE" IN A VIDEO OR PICTURE FOR ONE OF THE INSERT SHOTS!

I ALSO NEED SOMEONE WITH ORIGINAL TROLL DOLLS TO FILM A CLIP OF THEM RUNNING THE DOLLS ACROSS A COMPUTER KEYBOARD, IT CAN SHOW YOUR FACE OR NOT.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO FILM SCENES REPRESENTING FAMOUS POSTS IN CM HISTORY, I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR IDEAS!

Oh, and if you want to be credited for your part in the video, include that when you send your contribution. Either your real name or screen name. And because I used to make short films for a living, there is a good chance I will be able to get some exposure for this outside Cafemom.

Like my writing? Check out my blog! http://asthechairturns.wordpress.com/

Includes the original chair saga started here on Cafemom, updates, and other anecdotes.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

LMFAO

I can sing, but I'm not good on camera :)

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I welcome goofy and silly!

Quoting alwayskk:

LMFAO

I can sing, but I'm not good on camera :)

champagne_rose
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM

ha ha ha...not me but wonder who

proudmommy92
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Lmao this is awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM

BUMP!

TheBookSiren
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM
That's hilarious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Well done!

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I can sooo do this! But not til Tuesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MadLikeAHatter
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

LMAO! SO do we sing it or just mouth the words?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)