• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get it

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

I hear people say things like, "Drunk drivers have impaired judgement and maybe they don't REALIZE they can't safely drive."  I don't get that.  Not that I've been drunk much, but seriously, when I'm drunk I KNOW it and the LAST thing that comes to mind is getting behind the wheel of a car.  I don't know; maybe I'm weird.  So answer me this.  When you're drunk, do you KNOW you're drunk?  Do you comprehend the fact that you really are completely incapable of driving? 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM
I've been drunk many times and always knew that I couldn't drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM
I have always known.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hippiechic980
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM
If I have had more then one drink I know not get drive and if I have had more I know its time for bed. Good thing I mostly drink at home or if we go out its with friends and a DD. I dont think that is an excuse sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I've always known when i was drunk... and most of the time i have absolutly no problem stumbling around like an idiot saying "hehe, i'm drunk"... but i'm a lightweight, i drink one & i won't drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ljpaszek
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

I've been drunk many times and always knew that I couldn't drive.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

juicebox.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM

No, its pretty common sense that if you've been drinking you can not drive.  No amount of alcohol begins to let you think it is ok.  Thats just a moron's excuse.

MeGirl04049
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

YES, when Im drunk I know I am impaired and I shouldnt drive, but I also Dont get sooo drunk I dont have a clue what Im doing. I cant understand how people can use being drunk for an excuse for sleeping with someone, or kissing or feeling someone up and not knowing it was wrong (those in relationships). When Im drunk, even walking stumbeling drunk I KNOW what Im doing, and I know if what Im doing is going to piss DH off or hurt him or make him happy or whatever.  THATS what I dont understand. I've heard it so many time "I was SOOOO drunk I didnt know what I was doing, I'm sorry I didnt realize what was going on til it was to late." TOO LATE??  LOL (sorry added a vent)

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:36 PM
They have done studies on this and a bunch of people thought they were okay to drive but their BAL was above the legal limits. The alcohol may not hit you before you begin driving and also it impairs your judgement. If you plan to drink you should just not drive, no matter the amount you have. If you have a hard time with that ask yourself if you could live with killing someone else because you thought you were fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AminaChare
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Ive always known i was drunk but I dont drive that much. But I also know what decisions I am about to make even the dumb ones lol and I remember the next morning. Then again if Im remember I might not be drunk enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Exactly!  On two occasions, I've been so drunk that I wished I could have just died.  DRIVING never entered my mind.  I just don't get it.

Quoting MeGirl04049:

YES, when Im drunk I know I am impaired and I shouldnt drive, but I also Dont get sooo drunk I dont have a clue what Im doing. I cant understand how people can use being drunk for an excuse for sleeping with someone, or kissing or feeling someone up and not knowing it was wrong (those in relationships). When Im drunk, even walking stumbeling drunk I KNOW what Im doing, and I know if what Im doing is going to piss DH off or hurt him or make him happy or whatever.  THATS what I dont understand. I've heard it so many time "I was SOOOO drunk I didnt know what I was doing, I'm sorry I didnt realize what was going on til it was to late." TOO LATE??  LOL (sorry added a vent)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)