Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Five years old: Flat screen, wii & netflix? Edited

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM
  • 87 Replies

My BF and I are debating if our 5 year old needs just a regular TV or a flatscreen. Right now he has a regular 19'' and a DVD player. We just got cable installed and my bf got it hooked up in his room. But I havent hooked up his tv to it yet. Now my bf thinks he needs a new tv... a flat screen on the wall with a wii so he can watch netflix in his room. Really?? Does a 5 year really need all that??? What do you ladies think? What does your younger kids have in there room? BTW: my son knows how to play the wii and money is not the issue. Just dont think he really needs all this. 

EDITED: Thanks for eveyones ideas and thoughts! :) We are going to go ahead with it. I think it will be a nice suprise for him this weekend. 

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Astaroth
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't think a 5 year old needs any of that shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
We never put tvs in the kids rooms...and we dont have one in ours either...but I wouldnt think a five yr old needs a flat screen for anything...and ya bttr watch netfliks...he can watch r rated movies if he knows how to get netflix on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

He's 5! No way.

karmasabitch178
My son has had a flat screen in his room since he was 3. He has a wii in his room but not netflix. He is now 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDean

My kids had a flat screena nd the wii in their room but because they misbehaved I moved it to my room.

I see nothgin worng with it. Make sure it is studded in the wall. My kids never turned it on without asking. The boys room is where it was located and they are ages 3 yrs and 7 yrs. Dd would go in and watch their tv and she is 4 yrs.

Oh and we set a passcode so they could not watch Netflix without getting us.

JT32606_
we dont do a tv in kids room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM
DD (7) has a 13 maybe 15 inch tv/dvd player (nonflat screen) with a wii. She doesn't watch any movies just plays the WII. I still am debating if she is too little for her set up so yes to me he is too young. I also don't want her surfing netflix there are somethings I don't want her watching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mydebbers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont recommend a TV in a boys room at 5 , or any age, I feel its a distraction, and why does he need netflix?

Lisse_2006

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

We never put tvs in the kids rooms...and we dont have one in ours either...but I wouldnt think a five yr old needs a flat screen for anything...and ya bttr watch netfliks...he can watch r rated movies if he knows how to get netflix on

My bf knows how to set the settings for only chidlren movies... thats what he is telling me. 

amyrw
My 5 year old has a flat screen in his room. The Wii and netflix are in the living room. He has a dvd player, a playstation and my old super nintendo in his room. I'll be the first to admit my child is spoiled though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)