Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slain 14 yr olds butts should have been in bed

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 34 Replies

here is the article

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/13/10148884-philadephia-mayor-slain-14-year-olds-little-butts-should-have-been-in-bed

I do agree with him, but i also no that parents can not keep their eyes on their child/ren 24/7. I was a teen that used to sneak out all the time because my mother was so strict. I couldnt do shit..

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsmac07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM

bump

Ashley_Carlson
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Sad, but I agree with him

Pnukey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Maybe the teens snuck out to do stupid shit. I bet the 4 that didn't die don't do that again.

Pogostick
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM

he's absolutely right! 

alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Of course they should have been in bed; it was half past ten on a Tuesday night. But these aren't preschoolers we're talking about. I find those remarks inappropriate. Note to self: never move to Philly.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM

wow. 

Quoting mrsmac07:

here is the article

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/13/10148884-philadephia-mayor-slain-14-year-olds-little-butts-should-have-been-in-bed

I do agree with him, but i also no that parents can not keep their eyes on their child/ren 24/7. I was a teen that used to sneak out all the time because my mother was so strict. I couldnt do shit..

Aislin
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I always find myself agreeing with you

Quoting alwayskk:

Of course they should have been in bed; it was half past ten on a Tuesday night. But these aren't preschoolers we're talking about. I find those remarks inappropriate. Note to self: never move to Philly.

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

He is correct but they are teenagers and where there is a will they will find a way. They wouldnt be the first kids to ever sneak out after mom and dad are in bed. I have an 18 yo and 15yo son and I dont get up at midnight on a Tuesday night and check to make sure my boys are in bed. All we can do is teach them the things we feel is imperative to their needs and futures and pray like hell that they listen. So, yes they should have been in bed but that doesnt mean the mayor has a right to overestimate the boundaries that come with his position. 

mrsmac07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM

yup can agree with all of you on this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)