Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pottytraining question *involves pooping*

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
how do i explain to my 2 year old son how to poop? He keeps saying he needs to poop and ill keep sitting him on the toilet but he doesnt do anything he says "its not working" and gives up i caught him making the i have to poop face and brought him to the bathroom but he hasnt done it yet. He refuses to put on his diaper he keeps saying "no diaper i a big boy" lol i dont want him to pee or poop on the floor and no money for pullups and can only afford to do laundry every 2 weeks so i really cant let him keep peeing and pooping in underwear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sanctimommy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Lots of patience and hyper-vigilence. Good luck. It's worth it when it finally clicks with him.

piercedbeauty21
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I recommend skipping pull-ups all together. I had my dd fully potty trained day and night by the time she was 2 1/2.  Put him in undies. Yeah, he'll have accidents, but he won't like the feeling of being wet or soiled. I would get the book, "Everybody Poops." It's a really cute book that lets kids know it's okay to poop in the potty and everybody does it. I really wish I had more advice for you. GL!

AminaChare
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM
It sounds rough but I just stick my girls on the potty and left them there til they did something because I think its performance anxiety lol. Sit him in frint of the tv on his potty and he will go because he is more relaxed or if it has to be the toilet hive him a favorite book hardcover hopefully and let him relax while you wait outside the door so he can have his semi privacy lol. Not an all day thing but just long enough to feel like a big boy on his own. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyMama88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM
im gonna try the book he just started crying grabbing his butt cheek and trying to put on his diaper so hes on the toilet with a book. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately it does have to be on the toilet his potty chair is in storage somewhere.

Quoting AminaChare:

It sounds rough but I just stick my girls on the potty and left them there til they did something because I think its performance anxiety lol. Sit him in frint of the tv on his potty and he will go because he is more relaxed or if it has to be the toilet hive him a favorite book hardcover hopefully and let him relax while you wait outside the door so he can have his semi privacy lol. Not an all day thing but just long enough to feel like a big boy on his own. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyMama88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this
it worked i gave him the book and sat outside the door and he went :)

Quoting KrissyMama88:

im gonna try the book he just started crying grabbing his butt cheek and trying to put on his diaper so hes on the toilet with a book. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately it does have to be on the toilet his potty chair is in storage somewhere.

Quoting AminaChare:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AminaChare
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Good luck I hope it works for the both of you

Quoting KrissyMama88:

Quoting AminaChare:

mydebbers
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

skip the pull ups.  Rewards for any bathroom stuff he does, even if its a little pee.

mydebbers
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:21 AM

yeah i sat outside the door... once I left it was all good.

Quoting KrissyMama88:

Quoting AminaChare:

MrsClark816
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:25 AM
We put my nephew on the toilet.backwards, about every half hour. He has to sit and try for 5 minutes. If nothing, he'll be back. We started this last week and hes catching the routine, knowing when he has to go. We also made a huge deal about him going. For pee, he got a big "yay", clapping, and frui. That was enough to.get him to go again. When hes pooped, we bought him a bag of snack size candy. He gets one each time he poops in the potty. We've had 2 poopy diapers in a week and a half.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
j.mom.07
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:12 AM

i know this sounds dumb, but with dd when i tell her o go poop, she doessnt seem to get it, bu i tell her to make it stinky, she gets it... what is up with that i dont know... we put her on the potty, and tell her to try to make it stinky (to stink up the bathroom) and we let her it there for a while... sometimes she will sit for a long while before she goes, other times it doesnt take as long. It also helps if we leaver her alone... as long as your child knows to stay on the potty and not get up, you can walk away for a few minutes at a time, and then go back and check and remind him to try to go poop... rub on his belly so he understands to use those muscles to push. and remember to have a lot of patience and reward him when he finally does... be sure too make a really big deal about it. that you are proud of him and so forth... i have found this helps alot at first til they get better at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)