Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i send her a message asking if shes aware shes a grandma? ETA *update*

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  • 125 Replies
I had my DS almost 3 months ago and his father had yet to see him. He won't answer my texts or calls. This totally makes me sad. I'm not looking for anything from him. I just want my DS to have a relationship with his father. Anyway...should I send his mom a message through Facebook making her aware she has another grandchild? Or just let it go? Would that be a totally immature thing to do? If I did it I would make another Facebook so she wouldn't know it was me.

*ETA*
I would send her something in the mail, or call her. But Facebook is the only way I know how to contact her. I stumbled upon her Facebook by accident I guess the reason I'd do it without her knowing who I am is because I don't know her. I don't want her to think I want something from them. I just want my son to have a relationship with his other family like my DD does with her dad.

*update*
I sent her a message! I did use my own Facebook so she knows who I am. In the message I basically said I had a son named wyatt whose almost 3 months old. Her son is the father and has unfortunately chosen to not be apart of his life. I said I wasn't looking for anything I just wanted my son to have an opportunity to have a relationship with the other half of his family. I included a link to a photo album and said if she wasn't interested then no need to contact me back...now I wait.

* I noticed that she only has 24 friends which could mean she doesn't check it often, if she even does anymore. Should I wait a while then send the message to his dad saying I tried to reach out to her but wasn't sure if she got the message? Or maybe his brother since I'm sure he checks his messages...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinupbeauty90
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Sure...I would honestly try to find her address, though, and send her a birth announcement or pictures instead.

pinupbeauty90
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I was thinking of linking to a Photobucket album with pics of him in it.

Quoting alwayskk:

Sure...I would honestly try to find her address, though, and send her a birth announcement or pictures instead.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Not the type of information to share with someone over FB and certainly not anonymously.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I would. She shouldn't be penalized cuz her son is a douche. Well unless she is a total bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I wouldn't do it anonymously. I'd be straight up front about it. Then you will know if you want your child to have a relationship with her. Good luck. 

vampiregirl100
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM
i would she might want a relationship with him...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinupbeauty90
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
So how would you go about it?

Quoting JulyBabies:

Not the type of information to share with someone over FB and certainly not anonymously.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
married-in-06
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I would
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Why don't you just call and tell her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)