Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here an attorney familiar with bankruptcy laws/child support?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just received a notice in the mail from my ex. Actually 2 notices.(none are stamped with court seals just the first one is stamped "amended" in red) The first one is from a trustee's office and it says "combined notice to domestic support obligee(i'm assuming that's me) and child support enforcement agency" the other one says Dishcarge of debtor after completion of chapt 13 plan. He lives out of state.

The first one says that the debtor named above received a discharge under 11  USC 1328. 

Number 4 on this list says the name of each creditor holding a claim against the debtor named in paragraph 2 that was not discharged under 11 usc (some squirrely thing) 523(a)(2) or (4) is as follows: NONE

I'm confused. Tried contacting ex, isn't responding. Soooooooo....if anyone can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. :)

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
a_and_j_momma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM
It is just informing you. I got one when my ex filed but didn't effect my child support
JustCJ
by Charlotte on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I dont think bankruptcy includes cs ever. That and student loans. Heres a bump though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM

BUMP!

LTryon
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:33 PM
He'll never get out of paying child support. That's something that just keeps accumulating (if he's not paying it), and he'll be in debt to you until the day he dies.

From personal experience: I know a guy who passed away last year that was over $60,000 in arrears. All the way up until he died, he was constantly being picked up and jailed for failure to pay... And his youngest child is 27 years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTryon
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Oh yeah, I'm not a lawyer (yet.. But I will be in a couple years.lol)... I'm currently in school for paralegal though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)