Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so annoyed...venting

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 20 Replies
I'm a leader for my daughters daisy troop. Another mom agreed to do cookies and everything that entails. Now a day before everything is due( tomorrow) I get an email from her saying that its too much responsiblity and she is no longer interested. 2-3 weeks ago, fine I suppose, but a night before? I've been amazed at the lack of parental interest in.this troop. Just pisses me off, I'm a single parent, work full time, own my own business, maintain a home, volunteer at her school and at church and still Can find time to lead a troop of 12 girls. Some parents really suck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollinicole
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Wow that's some crap to do that the night before its due. I mean really its for your kid can't find an hour or so to get everything together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Tell me about that.  We did Cub Scouts. We worked and all that.  We still found time to volunteer to run the pack.  I remember a boy and his mother come to sign up.  The mother says.  If she has to volunteer her time.  Her boy cannot  join.  Some  people are crap.

graciesmom6206
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I'll try to handle it tonight, so that the girls(including her daughter)don't miss out bit it just pisses me off that people cannot look past themselves and think, hey I might want to contact someone a little earlier so they have time to piece everything together. She is lucky we don't have a meeting tomorrow, I don't think.I could kept quiet tomorrow.

Quoting hollinicole:

Wow that's some crap to do that the night before its due. I mean really its for your kid can't find an hour or so to get everything together

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sabbycat69
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I wouldn't have a problem if a parent couldn't volunteer or volunteer too much. Because some simply don't have the time do much volunteering, but still like for their son or daughter to have the experience in being in those troops. However, if they are going to volunteer, they should at least give lots of advance notice if they can't do it or at least don't volunteer if there is a chance you can't finish the job.

graciesmom6206
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Maybe my idea of parenting is very different but I believe once you become a parent you make sacrifice me got your kids, including time. I loathe sitting at her friends bday parties, I could think of 100 things I would rather be doing but you suck it up because you know it makes your child happy.

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

Tell me about that.  We did Cub Scouts. We worked and all that.  We still found time to volunteer to run the pack.  I remember a boy and his mother come to sign up.  The mother says.  If she has to volunteer her time.  Her boy cannot  join.  Some  people are crap.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM
I would be annoyed about that too. Don't half kill yourself and remember that she is not reliable.
mydebbers
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:52 PM

go to the store and pick some up.

graciesmom6206
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I love being involved and volunteering. I just expect people do what they say they'll do. Or at least give more than a 12 hour notice they cannot handle the responsibility.

Quoting 1likeme:

I would be annoyed about that too. Don't half kill yourself and remember that she is not reliable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciesmom6206
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Ok?

Quoting mydebbers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Pick up what?

Quoting mydebbers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)