Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my DD over weight? PIOG UPDATE with picture on pg5

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
  • 250 Replies

My DD just turned 2 on new years eve. I took her to the doctor about a month ago and she weighed 34lbs. Is she over weight for her age? She rarely eats and when she does eat its nothing but junk, Even though i try to get her to eat the healthy stuff she refuses. She will go days without eat and just drink her soy milk and other days i cant get her to stop eating. I had a little girl who was 4 come in to my office who weighed 30lbs. Any advice would be great thanks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM

It seems high, but I don't really know without a pic.

Chrissy0918
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM
My son is just over 2.5 and weighs 32 pounds so I don't think shes overweight. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Idk my son is almost 3 and a half and weighed 34lbs at his 3 year check up. He's also in the 10th percentile for his age, he's in the 90th for height.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrissy0918
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Heres a picture of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Britty1987
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM
My son is almost 6 and weighs 32 lbs. But he is just tiny. It's hard to tell without a picture
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM

That does sound a little chunky to me, but my 6 year old only weighs 44 pounds, and I know he is small. My meter must be off.

ljpaszek
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM

My daugher is 4 and only weighs 36lbs and she is tall for her age. She is 85th for height and 75th for weight.

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM
6 moms liked this

How tall is she?  If you just went to the dr, was s/he concerned with her size or nutrition?

I hate to point out the obvious, but if all she will eat is junk--- stop buying and offering junk.  My older son (almost 5 now) went through a phase like that around age 3, and we simply stopped offering anything other than fruits, veggies, proteins, whole wheat grains, cheese, yogurt.  Children may go through phases of ignoring food, but they will not literally starve themselves.  Keep providing a variety of healthy options, and she will come around eventually.  Junk should not be an option. 

Earth_Mama90
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM
My Ds weighs that much he us 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonGrace
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Depends on her height. What is her percentile?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)