Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do people actually fall for stuff like this?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 32 Replies

I just got a text on my phone that says I had won a $1000 Best Buy shopping spree. It then gave me a website that I needed to go to in order to redeem my prize.

This is obviously a scam, and I would never give anyone my information like that. I just wonder if there are actually people that fall for things like this though..

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Yes, they do. My ex husband made me open every piece of junk mail, every email, every thing.

2.b.con.10.Ud
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Older people do, but then how many of them have cell phones?  I shouldn't stereotype, but I don't know any grannies with cell phones..that's all.

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM

One of my grandmas has a cell phone. She has even text me before. LOL. I couldn't believe it when I got a text from her! It seriously made my day! haha

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

Older people do, but then how many of them have cell phones?  I shouldn't stereotype, but I don't know any grannies with cell phones..that's all.

kriss1023
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I think there are. It's sad. All the 20/20s, datelines and those other shows exposing it and there are still people who fall for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed.life
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I sure don't.

I wish it was real. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM

That's crazy. Thank goodness my DH doesn't touch the mail, and he doesn't even have his own email account. I think he would be a little bit gullible too. LOL

Quoting alwayskk:

Yes, they do. My ex husband made me open every piece of junk mail, every email, every thing.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM

My guy almost fell for that one LOL.   Reminded him that we never gave best buy our info so it is a scam.  My grandfather keeps falling for the scam emails about relative in nigeria.  We have no family there.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I get messages on fb all the time about millionare family members passing away and they need my bank account info to transfer the money... I'll get right on it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candipandi
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Some people do, yes. I feel sorry for those who do and get robbed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queenmary1o1
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I get those all the time

Quoting Caitlin411:

I get messages on fb all the time about millionare family members passing away and they need my bank account info to transfer the money... I'll get right on it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)