Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I try so hard not to judge them, but they make it so da*n hard not to.

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 28 Replies
Ok so as soon of you know we live with fil, mil, bil, sil, her dh amd their kids. Well today sil's youngest dd was sick, like throwing up sick. They took her to the flea market where she threw up all over herself and her father. They got home and let her sleep in bed with throw up all over her clothes, her hair, and in her ear. When she wakes up she takes a shower where her 8 year old sister is in there trying to help her wash up, then they all get ready to go to a public restuarant for a kid's birthday party. While they were there I guess she got sick again so they brought her home and instead of one parent staying home to take care or their sick kid they leave her with grandma. But before they leave my niece threw up in the hallway right before our room and the bathroom, and instead of picking it up they just leave it there and go back to the birthday party. When me and dh get home with our 6, 5, and 1.5 year old, we are having to step over throw up, and keep our kids in the bedroom because I really don't want to catch the flu. When we moved here all 5 of us were healthy but when we got here we were all coughed on, sneezed on, spit on, my son kept finding chewed on candy, and gum and would stick that in his mouth. We left being healthy only to come her where all the kids are sick amd the parents are too damn lazy to take them to the doctor. I WILL not be moving into the house fil is buying for me, dh and our kids if they move with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Livinwith3boys
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM
6 moms liked this

umm...wow...SUPPORT YOURSELF AND YOU WONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM!! "I wont be moving into the house FIL is buying for us if they move too" umm...princess, get a job and buy your own house...otherwise, clean up the puke, wash your hands, and be glad you have someone there to help you when you need it!

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this

You're stepping over the vomit instead of cleaning it?  Gross that they left it there to begin with, but also gross that you're ignoring it.  It shouldn't be your responsibility, but I'd do something that "wasn't my job" before I'd live in a house with vomit on the floor.  

Keep an open mind--
but not so open that your brain falls out. 

rmfanfgljf
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Well, I am far from a princess, but my dh has a job and helps with the rent here and supports HIS wife (me) and our kids. We filed bankruptcy last year so we can't buy our own home, fil is going to be on the lease and will be living with us temporarily. Everything will be fine and dandy once its just us, fil, mil, and bil.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

umm...wow...SUPPORT YOURSELF AND YOU WONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM!! "I wont be moving into the house FIL is buying for us if they move too" umm...princess, get a job and buy your own house...otherwise, clean up the puke, wash your hands, and be glad you have someone there to help you when you need it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Mil cleaned it up as soon as we got home, I took care of our son and dh helped her. I should have expected this too, a few years ago when sil and the family came to our house on vacation their dd pooped in her diaper, took her diaper off in my bathroom, then stepped on her poop on my tile floor, and they left that there for me to pick up too. I don't like picking up after their dirty asses but I have to for my kids. And I will not be living with them again after this because I don't want my kids living in this filth again.

Quoting RobinBright:

You're stepping over the vomit instead of cleaning it?  Gross that they left it there to begin with, but also gross that you're ignoring it.  It shouldn't be your responsibility, but I'd do something that "wasn't my job" before I'd live in a house with vomit on the floor.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM
3 moms liked this
So you just left the vomit there?

You are equally as disgusting.

I agree with the pp, support yourself, and you wont have that problem.

Your fil is buying you a house, yet
you're too lazy to get vomit up off the carpet/floor.

If i was your in-laws, i'd be fed up with all of you grown ass babies and kick you all the hell out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andreamarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM
That's too many people with different expectations.
Mil I assume raised sil. So where do you think she got her standards of living & housekeeping ? Why can't bil live on his own also ? How old is he ?
You can rent without buying.
There are also houses & mobile homes sold on contract or rent to own. I would go for that if I were you.
Even if SIL dosent move with you all this time I can see her moving back in later. If mil or fil is also on the lease or contract you are going to have a hard time stoping it. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I didn't clean it up, I took care of my son and mil and dh cleaned up the puke.

Quoting Litlmama87:

So you just left the vomit there?

You are equally as disgusting.

I agree with the pp, support yourself, and you wont have that problem.

Your fil is buying you a house, yet

you're too lazy to get vomit up off the carpet/floor.

If i was your in-laws, i'd be fed up with all of you grown ass babies and kick you all the hell out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Mil is actually pretty good at cleaning, I help with the dishes and I pick up after my kids so what miss isn't picked up is from the other 2 kids that live here. Bil is over 30 and uses having MS, and being divorced as an excuse to live with fil and mil. He is paying child suppost and spousal support so he stays working at a job that only pays 13 an hour to "screw" over his ex wife. Yeah he is a prize. The story with sil and her dh, sil moved here without telling mil or fil and just showed up and moved in, she is finishing her nursing degree here, while her pos dh works at shitty ass jobs that don't pay hardly anything so he has an "excuse" not to pay rent, and spend all that extra money on himself. He told sil that she needs to hurry up and get a job so she can buy him a car. Yeah he is a prize too. I am kind of "stuck" here, I am a stay at home mom, dh doesn't want me to get a job, but as soon as we get our taxes back I plan on getting serious into potography so I have something to do, I can help us save money, while maybe someday make spme money doing what I love while by then hopefully dh will be working doing something he loves. I do know though that we will not be living with the in laws forever but this is still temporary.

Quoting andreamarie:

That's too many people with different expectations.
Mil I assume raised sil. So where do you think she got her standards of living & housekeeping ? Why can't bil live on his own also ? How old is he ?
You can rent without buying.
There are also houses & mobile homes sold on contract or rent to own. I would go for that if I were you.
Even if SIL dosent move with you all this time I can see her moving back in later. If mil or fil is also on the lease or contract you are going to have a hard time stoping it. Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AquarianPath
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:02 AM

I don't know.I would be forced to clean up the vomit before tony would go past it.He cannot stand vomit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)