Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your definition of...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 20 Replies
"Happy"? How would you describe the feeling of "happiness"?

It has been a very long, very bad, night for us. Df and I got into a discussion about what it means to us to be "happy". We found that it was more difficult than you would think, especially me. So I was wondering what makes all of you guys feel "happy", and how exactly does "happy" feel to you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhmomma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM
P.S. I don't know why I chose to put quote marks around the word happy each time. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Uh. I am happy right now. I dont know why but I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Happy to me is having my family be safe, healthy, fed, clothed, sheltered.  Its having my dh being employed in a job he loves, having ds doing well in school both socially and academically, and having enough work for myself to keep me busy when everyone else is out of the house.

It feels peaceful and tranquil.  I guess it is a lack of stress that makes me happy.

sam12796
by Sandy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Happiness to me is the feeling I get when I see my kids hitting milestones. OR when I catch them being nice to each other. When DH does something out of the blue just because anything that makes me smile uncontrollably.

alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I think happiness can be anything from being simply content to feeling pure joy. To me, happiness comes with a certain sense of security and inner peace.

donnastoys
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I have been having a tough time, too.  This past week has been hard to deal with, and tonight I was trying to make sens of it all.  I broke it down like this;

My lazy sister is living with us, and I am trying to bite my tongue about the fact that she does not pull her own weight, because complaining does nothing!  BUT she is out of jail, off of drugs, and has a job...even if she doesn't pay for anything for the house, she is safe.

One of my other sisters just found out Thursday that she has cancer, BUT she is thrilled, because not only is the doctor very confident that he can get it all out in one big scoop, he also told her that most of the things she has been dealing with, like body aches and low energy, will get better.  She feels better just knowing what was wrong, and with good medical care and lots of prayers, I just know that she will get better! 

My CS hasn't shown up this month.  It isn't much, but I have come to depend on it.  I know, it is stupid on my part to depend on money coming in from the man that I had to have arrested just so I could get CS, but I need it.  BUT, I know that my boys are safe, fed, and happy.  I also know that, even though I would hate to ask, I can get help from my family if I need it. 

Tonight, when I lay down, I will have tucked in two miracles.  We will say our prayers, and I will hear I love you from the two most precious humans in the world.  I lay my head on my pillow every night, thankful for another day with my kids, blessed with the family that irritates the heck out of me, but have my back if I need them, content with the path that I have chosen for me and my boys, and thrilled at the notion that, God willing, I will get to wake up and do it all over again tomorrow. 

Corny, I know, but that is my happiness :)  Sorry for the book!

bhmomma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I have to tell you that your last paragraph brought me to tears. I know I am over-emotional (seriously) but as I said in the OP it was especially difficult for me to figure out what "happy" is. I've been in a deep depression for quite a while, and have felt like... I am deep underwater and no matter how hard I swim, I can never reach the surface to get air. Ultimately, I realized that my dd and df (and siblings and mom) are my happiness. So, basically, I agree with everything you said.

Quoting donnastoys:

I have been having a tough time, too.  This past week has been hard to deal with, and tonight I was trying to make sens of it all.  I broke it down like this;

My lazy sister is living with us, and I am trying to bite my tongue about the fact that she does not pull her own weight, because complaining does nothing!  BUT she is out of jail, off of drugs, and has a job...even if she doesn't pay for anything for the house, she is safe.

One of my other sisters just found out Thursday that she has cancer, BUT she is thrilled, because not only is the doctor very confident that he can get it all out in one big scoop, he also told her that most of the things she has been dealing with, like body aches and low energy, will get better.  She feels better just knowing what was wrong, and with good medical care and lots of prayers, I just know that she will get better! 

My CS hasn't shown up this month.  It isn't much, but I have come to depend on it.  I know, it is stupid on my part to depend on money coming in from the man that I had to have arrested just so I could get CS, but I need it.  BUT, I know that my boys are safe, fed, and happy.  I also know that, even though I would hate to ask, I can get help from my family if I need it. 

Tonight, when I lay down, I will have tucked in two miracles.  We will say our prayers, and I will hear I love you from the two most precious humans in the world.  I lay my head on my pillow every night, thankful for another day with my kids, blessed with the family that irritates the heck out of me, but have my back if I need them, content with the path that I have chosen for me and my boys, and thrilled at the notion that, God willing, I will get to wake up and do it all over again tomorrow. 

Corny, I know, but that is my happiness :)  Sorry for the book!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhmomma
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Its.me.Sam.
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

peace.  feeling peaceful is happiness for me.  to clarify its INNER peace... no matter what is going on around me i can be peaceful... and that is happiness.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

uhm.........................................................................................................................  *scratches head*

I'm drawing a blank....is that a bad thing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)