Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i never have been good at matching outfits...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
ok, so tomorrow i start my new job and we have to dress business casual on the first day. I dont have many nice clothes, but i have some nice black dress pants and a navy blue shirt with a white tank top under it. Would that look ok?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I personally don't like black and navy together but you are on the right track

FoxFire363
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't mix black and navy blue. 

kathislove80
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I'm not a fan of mixing black and navy. Do you have a differed colored nice shirt? White always looks nice with black, very classic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmomma264
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM
pretty much every other shirt i have, you can see my tattoo. And i would rather hide it if i could. Would khakis look better than black pants? I dont want to look like a walmart worker though. Lol. And all i have for shoes are black flats.

Quoting kathislove80:

I'm not a fan of mixing black and navy. Do you have a differed colored nice shirt? White always looks nice with black, very classic

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 3:56 AM
I would do khakis with the blue shirt, personslly

Quoting hottmomma264:

pretty much every other shirt i have, you can see my tattoo. And i would rather hide it if i could. Would khakis look better than black pants? I dont want to look like a walmart worker though. Lol. And all i have for shoes are black flats.

Quoting kathislove80:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Navy blue and black are a no no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep Yep

Tan & blue look great together.

If you wear the blue and black...they are gonna be wondering if your colorblind....just saying

Quoting kathislove80:

I would do khakis with the blue shirt, personslly

Quoting hottmomma264:

Quoting kathislove80:

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Sheesh, guys. Navy blue and black look FINE together, as long as it's not a so-dark-it-looks-ALMOST-black navy. Then it looks funky. Otherwise, it's fine. Navy blue and khaki DOES remind me of Walmart--and Blockbuster (I've worked for both).

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 12 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 7 1/2 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 4 years old
Chloe Madison & Harmon David due 04-15-2012

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:49 AM

LOL  Navy blue and black are fine if those are the only "nice" clothes you have for now.  When you get the money to, invest in some more brightly colored blouses that cover up your tattoos.  Black and blue are considered neutrals meaning anything else goes with both colors.  Do you happen to have any bright jewelry or hand bag to help break up the darkness?  I personally own black slacks, khakis and almost all my shirts are jewel tones or pastels .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)