• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Bday Ideas

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
My son is turning 1 next wk (can't believe it) anywho we are having a party for him and with just immediate family (mine and dh's) there are 40+ people. I need ideas, especially menu ideas. Since this is CafeMom I know most have kids and most have already thrown their 1st bday so spill ladies PLEASE.

Yes I know he won't remember but I still want it to be great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BraydensMama163
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM
For CD's first birthday we decorated the house and her highchair. Bought a cheap plastic pool and 4 big bags of balls from toys rus. So we had a ball pit we also served pizza and a party tray with crackers olives and cheese cocktail Weenies in BBQ sauce and toothpicks, a variety of drinks and CLEAR Capri suns for kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet0.0Cheeks
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaTasha08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom hosted my son's 1st Bday and she made a huge turkey, it was like Thanksgiving! LOL

I just wanted to say make sure you give him his own little cake.  You will get some awesome pictures. :)

JZB
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I like the decorating high chair idea, we are doing it at the in laws club house so a ball pit won't be as easy

Quoting BraydensMama163:

For CD's first birthday we decorated the house and her highchair. Bought a cheap plastic pool and 4 big bags of balls from toys rus. So we had a ball pit we also served pizza and a party tray with crackers olives and cheese cocktail Weenies in BBQ sauce and toothpicks, a variety of drinks and CLEAR Capri suns for kids

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Planned it mostly because I wanted to make it myself but not a big enough 1 to feed a million people lol.

Quoting MamaTasha08:

My mom hosted my son's 1st Bday and she made a huge turkey, it was like Thanksgiving! LOL

I just wanted to say make sure you give him his own little cake.  You will get some awesome pictures. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Ball pits are easy....that's why we do it you just bring in the little kiddie pool throw the balls in and when its done. Put them back in the mesh bag. Simple and it keeps the kids totally occupied lol. We pull ours out from time to tome now and let them play just for the heck of it. Also if the get the happy first birthday theme from party city they sell a high chair decorating kit to match the boy and girl sets.... so cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElmosWorld13
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM
It depends on your budget and weather where you live. I can give you good ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM
We are in MI so outside is out. I don't want a bunch but I have quite a bit of $ set aside for food.

Quoting ElmosWorld13:

It depends on your budget and weather where you live. I can give you good ideas

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)