Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It is all about me!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

Some idiot friend of mine posted on his Facebook status that starting now his life is going to be all about him, taking care of himself, and making himself happy, screw every one else. He's a father and swears he loves his kids. Well hate to burst his bubble, but life stops becoming all about you when you become a parent. I wanted to comment "Hey idiot! What about a, b, &c?" But I don't want to start drama on Facebook. Some people are just dumb!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Wow, what a winner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Maybe he meant that in a different way than you took it....don't jump to conclusions on the Internet. He might have just worded his feelings wrong. 

jkleinman
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM

maybe.

Quoting sweetcherry_59:

Maybe he meant that in a different way than you took it....don't jump to conclusions on the Internet. He might have just worded his feelings wrong. 

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Maybe he meant that not quite as literally as you took it.  Taking care of the kids is implied, but if you are coming from a bad place, then its perfectly sensible to say its going to be about me now....even if me includes the kiddos as well.

jkleinman
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I hope so, otherwise we're gonna have words.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Maybe he meant that not quite as literally as you took it.  Taking care of the kids is implied, but if you are coming from a bad place, then its perfectly sensible to say its going to be about me now....even if me includes the kiddos as well.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Lol...i had words with a friend of mine from high school last year and he hasnt talked to me since.

Quoting jkleinman:

Quoting shadow_lark:

jkleinman
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Well if he's gonna turn into a deadbeat I don't want to be friends with him honestly.  I have no respect for deadbeats and I won't associate with them either.  He already knows this though.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Lol...i had words with a friend of mine from high school last year and he hasnt talked to me since.

Quoting jkleinman:

Quoting shadow_lark:

RaynesMommy07
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I say that too. Im going to be about me, and stop worrying about doing for everyone else. I am sick of doing for others and them not being grateful. Has NOTHING to do with my df or my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM
It was probably about his relationships with adults. I feel like that too but I'm not going to post it on Facebook (SO'S parents already think I put too much of my life out there if I so much as post a song lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Yea, I dont care that i dont talk to this friend either.  My opinion of him was shot after his facebook posting.  Some people.....

Quoting jkleinman:

Well if he's gonna turn into a deadbeat I don't want to be friends with him honestly.  I have no respect for deadbeats and I won't associate with them either.  He already knows this though.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting jkleinman:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)