Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freakin skylanders!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Should he have to share the codes?

Options:

yes, he should

no, you should buy her, her own figurines

no, she should just not have any

If they share the figurines, they should share the codes

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

My son was givien skylanders ( a video game that uses figurines) well each figurine comes with a code for an online game.

He has an older sister who also has a skylander's account.

She asked if she could have one of the codes, ( to get the skylander on her online account), her father told her that the skylanders were given to her brother, so no.

Now, in this situation, the family does not need multiple of the same figurine,  they share the figurines. They all play the Wii together.

Should he have to give at least one code from the three pack to his sister? He already has three from the original package.on his online account.

Mommy of FOUR!!

Tara ~ 12.16.03  Zachary ~ 5.17.05  Rowan ~ 1.17.09  Willow ~ 8/10/11

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

BUMP!

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

if you voted other can you please tell me what you think?

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

My husband wants it to be clear that once a code is entered into an account it can't be shared. for example, we have trigger happy and spyro, and some fish guy.  Once my son put them on his account, my daughter will need to get her own of any of those, to add them to her online account.

xtwistedxlovex
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Portal + PC = no need for the code. I think the Wii portal can be used with a PC (not sure) but you could get a PC portal if need be. Then you don't find yourself buying doubles of every figurine.

But IMO, if it was a gift to him it should be used as he sees fit. If he doesn't want to share codes, he shouldn't have to.

redhead-bedhead
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM
If he already said no then I would leave it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

we are discussing what we want to do. He is well aware of this post, and we are trying to determine how we want to handle this situation because we are sure it will come up again in the future.

I've gotten to the point that I want to destroy all video games in the house, ugh!

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

If he already said no then I would leave it at that.

Mommy of FOUR!!

Tara ~ 12.16.03  Zachary ~ 5.17.05  Rowan ~ 1.17.09  Willow ~ 8/10/11

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM

BUMP!

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I think she needs her own codes which would mean she would need her own figurines.

We have two children, so when it comes to certain things we make it fair and if that means we have to buy each their own then we do it.

christina0607
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

i would not force my child to give his sister something that was given to him. I would probably make it worth his while to do so...but if he still said no then thats it.

Does he already own every character? I would probably just buy her a newer character, or one of the adventure sets.

stephy_85
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I voted that no he shouldn't have to. It was after all a gift to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)