Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound like a sick joke? (update: WTF is wrong with people?)

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM
  • 32 Replies
A week ago My cat ran away. I put up posters everywhere, and ads on craigslist, petfinder, etc. i offered a reward.
Tonight I got a strange call. It was from a blocked number, and a younger sounding guy(late teens) asked if I had lost a black and white cat with a red collar(all info from the poster). I said yes, and he said he found a black and white cat with a red collar and he hated to tell me but he didnt think it had much longer to live. I then asked where he was and heard a second guy say that he was in the back of their truck, then the line went dead.
No return call and no way for me to call back.
Cruel prank or two guys who ran over my cat and tried to do the right thing by calling me but chickened out? My heart is racing, do I get upset or assume this is BS? Do I give up hope that my fur baby will ever come back?

Update: DH drove all around but didn't see anything. Since then we've gotten several more calls, all but one were blocked. They all sounded like the same person. Everytime it's been a different, horribly cruel story. Today we drove around for 2 hours on this "tip", the guy saying we could find our cat under his tire near a certain intersection. I don't know why we even bothered, except I couldn't bear my fur baby suffering and not being there for him. Then it just got weirder, what sounded like this same guy ransoming my cat, then laughing and saying I could have his head back...finally I had DH answer the next blocked call and it was an immediate hang up. One more call like that and I'm filing harassment charges. I think the guy didn't realize his number wasn't blocked the one time until I called him back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I would assume asshole teen-agers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Assume it was a prank.

Putting up posters with your # on them is like doing it on cm... You'll get a few trolls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Oh no!! I have no idea but good luck =[

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
It also struck me as suspicious that they called so late, but i dont know

Quoting Mandiii04:

Assume it was a prank.

Putting up posters with your # on them is like doing it on cm... You'll get a few trolls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_2_jasper
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Was your number on the collar?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I hope it was a prank, sorry mama:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Princess on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I would cry. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I would assume it was a prank
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Judith3247
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

bump!

guccimomma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

so sorry,,, i hope it was a prank  too :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)