• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have acne advice for a pregnant lady?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
I never really had acne before getting pregnant, but now I break out bad on my chest and face. I hate it, it just adds on to everything else going on making me feel so unattractive. I purchased a body wash for acne, used it once and then read that you should consult your physican before use if pregnant or breastfeeding. I looked up the active ingredient and it said it had been known to cause birth defects. Now I am freaking out. I hope the one time I used it won't do any damage. Ugh. Scary. Anyways, does anyone have any tips that are safe for a pregnant woman? Thank you. My chest and face thank you too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mandiii04
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Nope.... I just dealt with it. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
There are some that are ok for Pregnany women. I used one. It started with an N. I just googlesd it. I had the same problem. It cleared up further into my pregnancy. But I feel ya. I felt so gross. I was broken out everywhere. Face, neck, chest, back ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NYGiantsFan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I used a topical gel called Clindamycin. You need to get a prescription for it. As long as something doesn't contain steroids, it should be safe. If you want an over the counter solution, I'd highly recommend Mario Badescu's drying lotion. Here's a link to the site, and some of their acne care products:

http://mariobadescu.com/Acne-Products

metalhealthmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

the one time you used it won't give your babies a third arm or flippers, i promise.

i had awesome skin when i was pregnant. normally i'd feel douchey for bragging about that but i normally have bad skin so i earned those nine months of glowing, fresh, healthy skin.

.MoM.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I'm mobile, pm me and I'll get back to you tomorrow. My husband gets bad break outs and started using arbonne and it's been great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
guccimomma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I have always had acne prone and oily skin and have been using Proactive since it first came on to the market...  I used it through all 3 of my pregnancies.  It is Benzoyl Peroxide and my ob as well as my regular doctor both said it was perfectly safe to use.

OutlawMUA
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM
African black soap!
Target has it. Amazon too I'm sure. It's like 5.00 and works better than proactiv etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lismore
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM
My doctor told me to use neutrogenia (sp) to get rid of my pregnancy acne.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)