• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: Day 1 .....Today was a sad day for me and I took a hard blow to my self esteem

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 125 Replies

So first I would just like to thank all of you for your support and kind words. I owould also like to thank anyone who gave advice and tips. I am taking all of them in and using the ones I know I can stick with. Today was great and I really feel like I can do this. I ate 3 good meals today and did no snacking on any junk. I drank 8 glasses of water and even did the green tea thing. I worked our with my amazingly supportive husband who is also an amazing trainer.  I worked our for 45 minutes straight not incuding the stair climber I did this morning. I feel amazing since I worked out and if I feel this good on day one I know I can do this and keep it up. Thank you again everyone.

So my sister in laws, mil, and niece asked me to join them in a weight loss challenge. I agreed and MIL said I had to buy a scale so I could weigh myself in the morning since I dont live as close as sils and niece do to her. So I did and I weigh 225 lbs. I nearly cried , if it hadnt of been for my husband standing by me and telling me I can do this I would have. I am about 5'7" , I wear a size 13/14 jean from rue 21, I have 40 DDD breasts, wear a 8 sneaker. I know I dont look 225lbs but I do feel it and I see it because I am so critical of myself. I have stopped drinking soda every day back before Christmas and I have cut back snacking since then as well so god only know how much I weighed three weeks ago. So now my journey is about to begin and I am scared. I am so scared of letting myself down. If anyone has some tips on eating like what foods are good and such and some easy to get started with excersises I would really appricate it. I have not eaten out fast food or take out since before chistmas either so that is no longer a factor either.

Edit: I want to thank everyone for all of your support and positive advice. I would respond to everyone but that would be impossible. Thank you again and I will keep everyone posted on how I am doing. Tonight I am struggling not to go find a snack. I ate dinner at 430 which was a small portion of spagetti with 2 meatballs, and 4 pieces (i know bad) french bread. And I know I am not hungry but I am bored.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

hugs

Emmysmama89
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Couscous it's delicious it keeps you full, easy yo cook, low calories
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
No advice but lots of luck! Don't be too hard on yourself! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You can do this!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Princess on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
A girl can never have too many hugs.

Quoting alwayskk:

hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Im about 202 at 5'8. How on earth can you wear a 13/14? I'm jealous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
guccimomma

Good luck, you can do it!

Sweet0.0Cheeks

Girl feel good. I am 2 inches shorter than you but 50lb lighter and I can't wear a 13/14 from Rue

Charley427
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I hate to sound dumb and I am pretty educated but dont know what this is lol. What is it and where in the grocery store can I find it? 

Quoting Emmysmama89:

Couscous it's delicious it keeps you full, easy yo cook, low calories

Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You can do it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)