Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two sets of twins?!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 28 Replies

So.... do you or anyone you know have 2 sets of twins? It seems like the chances of having a second set of twins would be small but I have read things online that say once you have a set of twins, you are MORE likely to have a second.

Anyway.... I have 4 kids-- a 6 year old, a 4 year old and 20 month old twins (fraternal). I have thought about maybe having one more child ina few years when we are more financially stable.... but then I think "What if we have twins again?!" and it is kinda scary to think about. lol. I would really like to have another baby some day but I don't want TWO more!

So do you know anyone that has had this happen? Or has it happened to you????

wedding countdown

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenMarie2007
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

BUMP!

BeAmour
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM
An old friend of mine in high school was a twin and her mom also had another set of twins a few years older than her and her twin, she also had one other non-twin sibling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Just1Lyzz
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a show on TLC about a woman who had three sets of twins naturally. They were all fraternal I think. I have twins and quite honestly, the thought of another set is what stops me from having more, lol. I love my twins more than anything but think it would be nice to know what it was like with just one baby the next time, if there is a next time.

jess80
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM
A friend from school has 2 sets and they were all born the same day but 3 yrs apart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM
DH's nephew has 2 sets of twins. Both sets were conceived naturally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandiaubrey
I was pregnant with fraternal twins and lost them in July at 7 weeks, I conceived twins after and am due in June.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
Not me...one set is enough :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrismom0306
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

that actually happened to my OB/GYN! She has 5 kids, 2 sets of a twins and a single. I had my twins 2 1/2 years ago and when she told us that our chances of having another set of twins went up to 85%, we decided we were done and my DH got a vasectomy. LOL We have 3 together and I have a SD and SS, so we are done. 

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

My ex in-laws. Only 1 set is living other set died at birth. My ex-SIL gave birth to twins also she wasn't a twin though but her brothers were twins.

Corkie-
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM
My aunt has two sets. (Identical)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)