Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Metallic smelling vagina?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:05 AM
  • 13 Replies
Ok so I know what it's not. But what else could it be?

It's not yeast infection
It's not an std

I do have odd brown snot like stuff. I washed out my vag because I thought I might have bleeding going on and needed to check. When I rinsed out i had brownish mucus that broke when I stretched it. Similar to egg whites.

I have also had cramps like I'm getting my period. But I am not due for a week. I did stop my birth control patch because it had caused skin issues. I'm waiting for my period so I can get a non hormonal implant.

Ideas?

Also I should add every woman in my family has been diagnosed with cervical cancer in there 30s. And ovarian cysts are common. So I am having a full work up to check that. My mom had to have a full hysto after her diagnosis. So I'm scared. I'm really scared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:16 AM
Bump.

Also to be funny it smells like a penny kinda. Penny pussy! XP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyirish
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Might just b side effects from the patch. And it might just be bloody discharge. The smell might be iron from the blood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:18 AM
O.o

Results from suddenly stopping birth control, it could be your period is early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Thanks ladies. Maybe. I'm hopin for early period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:22 AM
It sounds like an early period, possibly. Id get it checked out if it continues for more than a couple days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryLu86
by on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:26 AM
The smell is most likely iron, sometimes before or after my period I get a brown mucus like you are describing.. My gyn said its nothing to be concerned about..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:26 AM
I'm going to. I'm calling the doc today for an appointment. I just want 10 more years before I worry about the c word. =s

Quoting epoh:

It sounds like an early period, possibly. Id get it checked out if it continues for more than a couple days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Oh honey. Don't even let the word enter your head.

Your post reminded me to look up something for DD. She's 4 and had a mucusy discharge last night. It is most likely vaginitis, which could very well be what yours is too.

It's caused by an irritation/inflammation of the vagina and can occur with all ages. It happens because of a foreign object (toy, and for small children sometimes abuse :( ) is inserted, improper wiping, pinworms, etc.

If I was you I'd make sure your partner/sex toy/fingers are clean before self or mutual masturbation, you're using a mild soap to wash, and make sure you're wiping front to back.

I'm pretty sure DDs (which isn't brown, btw) is caused by improper wiping and touching herself so we went over the basics of vaginal hygiene with her last night.

*hugs* try not to stress too much, mama.

Quoting Sparkyfire:

I'm going to. I'm calling the doc today for an appointment. I just want 10 more years before I worry about the c word. =s

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM

its prob just your period starting or about to start. my husband always knows when my period is about to start a day or two before it does cuz I start getting that same smell. its weird. but I do the same thing. I never noticed it tho. my husband does tho. and whenever he smells it, yep I always start within a few days later. so that the only thing I can think of.

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2012 at 6:44 AM
I think I love you right now.

Thanks. I do wash my toys and my df and I do make sure hands and such are clean. I'm a nerd about clean vagina stuff. I had too many infections as a teen so it's got me OCD about my vagina.

Still thank you. Some how being told don't worry made me feel better

Quoting epoh:

Oh honey. Don't even let the word enter your head.

Your post reminded me to look up something for DD. She's 4 and had a mucusy discharge last night. It is most likely vaginitis, which could very well be what yours is too.

It's caused by an irritation/inflammation of the vagina and can occur with all ages. It happens because of a foreign object (toy, and for small children sometimes abuse :( ) is inserted, improper wiping, pinworms, etc.

If I was you I'd make sure your partner/sex toy/fingers are clean before self or mutual masturbation, you're using a mild soap to wash, and make sure you're wiping front to back.

I'm pretty sure DDs (which isn't brown, btw) is caused by improper wiping and touching herself so we went over the basics of vaginal hygiene with her last night.

*hugs* try not to stress too much, mama.

Quoting Sparkyfire:

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN