Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You are lazy, uneducated, and good for nothing if you qualify for the EIC

Posted by   + Show Post

Someone should tell that to my husband as he gets out of bed every single morning at 4am only to come home from work after 5pm. Someone should say that to him while he is pulling 24 hour duty or going through a long deployment.

My husband is in the Army and we qualify for the EIC. We have 2 children. He paid nearly 4000 just in federal taxes last year, so we do our part there too (might not seem like much to some, but given his income it is a lot). I have a 4 year degree, but because of where we are stationed and the job market I am not able to find a job, not that it would matter because putting 2 kids in daycare would basically negate any potential income I would bring in, and because of that we have decided that it is better that I stay at home with them until we pcs or until they are in school, whichever comes first.  

My husband works extremely hard and I don't just sit on my ass all day either.

by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Replies (161-170):
PennyWellness
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM
2 moms liked this

After reading some of these posts, I have to say women are definately like cats..we need to burn off our energy on each other so we don't take it out on our husbands later.

prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM

no. earned income credit. 

Quoting Kattrania:

dumb qestion

What is EIC?

Is it the same as public asisstance or Welfare?

Stay at home mom? Looking to make friends while earning extra money at home?

Join us...

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114497  

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Never before Cafemom did anyone give a shit about anyone elses tax returns.

kittn370
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Ah, half the posters left on this thread can suck a fat one.  It's not OP's fault she qualifies for EIC - it's the government's.  And you can take it up with them in the election this year.  But to DARE to suggest that our military service members are undeserving of the benefits they recieve is absolute BS.  Nonsense - jealous nonsense!  Contractors who do the same jobs as our junior enlisted make THREE TIMES what our Jr. Enlisted do!  Life choices?  Yes.  But if every one of our junior enlisted chose to be contractors, darlings, your taxes would be THROUGH THE ROOF (if we could even afford a military at all).  The fact is, every person has the means to accomplish different things in this world, whether it's as a stockbroker making $500,000 a year, an enlisted soldier making $30,000, a teacher making $40,000, a military officer making $100,000, or a janitorial services manager making $12 an hour.  WE NEED ALL PEOPLE.  So quit telling people that they are SHIT for making less than you do, or telling them they are snotty for making more than you do!  We need all kinds, and those people bitching about EIC on this board should realize how LUCKY they are not to NEED IT in the FIRST PLACE!!

PennyWellness
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

As far as the EIC, if I qualify for it, I don't care who has a pin up their butts, I'm gonna take it and I'm gonna buy my babies what I couldn't buy them before...in my case I have to get a new shyte beater car since some text-messaging kid destroyed mine. I appreciate all of you taxpayers for helping me out because he decided not to insure himself, and I was unfortunately only liability. :-(. So bless your hearts. When I am rich, I will gladly have your back in return :-)

Faeta
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
ugg. I have to be amazed by any military wife regardles if she is a sahm or not. I know i am not cut out for all the trials, seperations, moving, knowing your loved one is at war... Etc. So for them to be able to handle it? Much kudos to them (and you op!)

as for the people serving our country (or even any other) that is bravery and honor and pride.

so thanks to all the great men and women serving this country, including those supporting their loved ones in the military.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittn370
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Holy hell, there IS intelligent life on this planet!  My issue is primarily with those that believe that we recieve "free" health care and "free" housing.  But the EIC and PA thing irks me too...I was a battery FRG leader at one point, too, and I have seen SO many Jr. Enlisted moms of two or three or more swallow every ounce of pride they have and ask me if I can help direct them toward the PA they need...it tears my heart to pieces, to know that these women are fighting the EXACT SAME FIGHT I'm fighting and are struggling so.  And then for people to call them lazy, uneducated, good-for-nothings...I can't listen to that.  I won't.  I will NOT let people talk about my husband's soldiers - my WIVES - that way.

I guess I'm just one of those snotty, white-glove wearing "Zero's" wives.

Quoting RmeWifey01:

I don't believe she meant it like that. I don't think she is trying to wear her husband's rank, but rather is defending the military as a whole. She is trying to say that b/c of the sacrifices they make they should get the EIC.

I believe up to a certain rank they should. My dh is an Officer as well, and we did get the EIC for 2 yrs in a row b/c he was deployed over those 2 yrs so MOST of his income was not taxed. I was floored when I saw that we had received it. Do I think we SHOULD get it. Hell no. Do I appreciate it? Yes. Would I be offended if they fixed the tax code to NOT include his rank in receiving it? Not at all. Would I love to see an E4 with 2 or 3 dependents get it? Yes, absolutely. I hope I have cleared this up.

Nichole on Jan. 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM

No. The kind that walks around overly entitled because of the career the husband does.

Noobroob
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Spoken like a true fucking tag chaser......

Quoting kittn370:

But not "some wives?"  Which wives don't you have respect for?  Those of us whose husbands OUTRANK yours, or those whose husbands UNDERRANK yours?  Or just those of us whose husbands can still work, period??

Quoting FL2AK:

I have plenty of respect for military members. But not for some wives. The last base I worked with was Ft. Wainwright. I provided services to vets across Alaska in partnership with the VA. I don't care if you believe me or not.

Quoting kittn370:

Yeah, there is:  Where do you get off counseling the very people you have absolutely NO RESPECT FOR??  (Assuming, of course, that what you say is actually true...what post are you stationed at?  What Wounded Warrior project do you work under?  What hospital?  What's your title?  What exactly do you do?)

Quoting FL2AK:

If you would like to have a pissing contest I have a masters degree in counseling and work for the government. One of my specialties is Wounded Warriors. Anything else you want to know?

Quoting kittn370:

As did I...I'm a financier with a master's degree.  And you?  What, do you do HAIR??

Quoting FL2AK:

Not even close. I had a career and a life long before I met him.

Quoting kittn370:

And you must be one of those wives that try to wear their husband's disablility...

Quoting FL2AK:

You must be one of those wives that try to wear their husband's rank.

Quoting kittn370:

Hey "fuck stick," my husband is a curent active duty Army Officer, so you can kiss MY ass.  Get an education and a vocabulary.

Quoting FL2AK:

Hey fuck stick, my husband is a 60 percent disabled vet thanks to serving our country. I have a career as does my husband. So you can kiss my ass.

Quoting kittn370:

If it weren't for people like OP's husband, you'd have absolutely NO RIGHT to say that publicly.  If it weren't for people like her husband, you'd be perhaps speaking another language, or still bowing before a monarchy or maybe even donning a burqua!

What does your husband do that is so beneficial to the people of the United States of America besides bring YOU home a paycheck?

Quoting FL2AK:

What a crazy concept!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I just know that if my life is not where it should be it is a direct result of a choice I have made!  I believe in personal responsibility, I know, I know, that's just crazy to make myself responsible for my life choices, it's just my way, crazy as it seems...hehehe :/

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Wow. 

You must be super proud of all your stellar choices in life!  Not everyone makes such excellent choices....that must really piss you off.  Why can't EVERYONE make such stellar choices which lead them to security and prosperity?????  Those good for nothings.....sigh.

I bet you are surrounded by people (who you WORK with) who have made exactly the same STELLAR choices you have!!!! Must feel awesome.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

You don't claim more than half of your income, so you qualify for the welfare tax credit by default, so what are you whining about?  Your medical coverage alone is worth $20,000+ per year, your opinion and apparently your perspective is seriously skewed!

Quoting mlsc85:

We are not exactly on the low end of the military pay scale.....but I consider the entire military pay scale to be low end compared to the civilian world. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

No but having children when you are on the low end of the military pay scale is!

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Joining the military is a less than stellar life choice?
Hmmm....

Quoting Dzyre1115:

If you qualify for the EIC you've definitely made some less than stellar life choices!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1sweetmommma
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I suppose I've made those. I stay in a shit town with a shit economy where only 1/3 of the pupolation is employed and the ones who are make on average $25,000 p/yr or less...not by choice, but by lack of jobs to even be had and lack of a competitive job market. Why do I stay? My grandmother has Alzheimer's...have you ever seen what that does to people? It's not pretty. I would never leave her, and moving is out of the question for her. She requires care that I am qualified to give and do so gladly. Her insurance company, however, will not pay for that care unless we have her in a home, therefore, I work full time, as does DF. We both make far under the average national wage for our jobs because the job market here is not exactly competitive. So, yes, I am elligable for EIC and I do file for it... Hmm...maybe not leaving my family's side in a time of need is a less than stellar choice....but then, so is being smug & judgemental about situations you know nothing about.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

If you qualify for the EIC you've definitely made some less than stellar life choices!

kittn370
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

"Tag chaser?"  I'm sorry...what's that??  Some kind of trash-wife verbage??  I met my husband in COLLEGE...where we BOTH were STUDENTS...and then I had my OWN CAREER and agreed to marry him BEFORE he became an active duty servicemember...

So what's a "tag chaser" again??

Quoting Noobroob:

Spoken like a true fucking tag chaser......

Quoting kittn370:

But not "some wives?"  Which wives don't you have respect for?  Those of us whose husbands OUTRANK yours, or those whose husbands UNDERRANK yours?  Or just those of us whose husbands can still work, period??

Quoting FL2AK:

I have plenty of respect for military members. But not for some wives. The last base I worked with was Ft. Wainwright. I provided services to vets across Alaska in partnership with the VA. I don't care if you believe me or not.

Quoting kittn370:

Yeah, there is:  Where do you get off counseling the very people you have absolutely NO RESPECT FOR??  (Assuming, of course, that what you say is actually true...what post are you stationed at?  What Wounded Warrior project do you work under?  What hospital?  What's your title?  What exactly do you do?)

Quoting FL2AK:

If you would like to have a pissing contest I have a masters degree in counseling and work for the government. One of my specialties is Wounded Warriors. Anything else you want to know?

Quoting kittn370:

As did I...I'm a financier with a master's degree.  And you?  What, do you do HAIR??

Quoting FL2AK:

Not even close. I had a career and a life long before I met him.

Quoting kittn370:

And you must be one of those wives that try to wear their husband's disablility...

Quoting FL2AK:

You must be one of those wives that try to wear their husband's rank.

Quoting kittn370:

Hey "fuck stick," my husband is a curent active duty Army Officer, so you can kiss MY ass.  Get an education and a vocabulary.

Quoting FL2AK:

Hey fuck stick, my husband is a 60 percent disabled vet thanks to serving our country. I have a career as does my husband. So you can kiss my ass.

Quoting kittn370:

If it weren't for people like OP's husband, you'd have absolutely NO RIGHT to say that publicly.  If it weren't for people like her husband, you'd be perhaps speaking another language, or still bowing before a monarchy or maybe even donning a burqua!

What does your husband do that is so beneficial to the people of the United States of America besides bring YOU home a paycheck?

Quoting FL2AK:

What a crazy concept!

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I just know that if my life is not where it should be it is a direct result of a choice I have made!  I believe in personal responsibility, I know, I know, that's just crazy to make myself responsible for my life choices, it's just my way, crazy as it seems...hehehe :/

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Wow. 

You must be super proud of all your stellar choices in life!  Not everyone makes such excellent choices....that must really piss you off.  Why can't EVERYONE make such stellar choices which lead them to security and prosperity?????  Those good for nothings.....sigh.

I bet you are surrounded by people (who you WORK with) who have made exactly the same STELLAR choices you have!!!! Must feel awesome.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

You don't claim more than half of your income, so you qualify for the welfare tax credit by default, so what are you whining about?  Your medical coverage alone is worth $20,000+ per year, your opinion and apparently your perspective is seriously skewed!

Quoting mlsc85:

We are not exactly on the low end of the military pay scale.....but I consider the entire military pay scale to be low end compared to the civilian world. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

No but having children when you are on the low end of the military pay scale is!

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Joining the military is a less than stellar life choice?
Hmmm....

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN