Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm going to win the lottery tonight!!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

It'd be nice anyway! On the way back from buying my ticket (I only ever buy 1 and it is only ever once in a blue moon) I allowed myself to day dream on what I'd do and I do apologise, but this is the indulgent and quite selfish list. When I have done this previously I have aultruistic ones too, but things have been pretty bad at home money wise recently, so I have let myself be a bit self centred this time round. I've won £1m..

* buy my nana's house - she is in a  nursing home - (£140k) decorate it, furnish it, landscape the garden and extend on it (under £100k)

* pay off our debts (£20k - I know, but this does also include a large car payment)

* pass my driving test and get a new car (under £10k)

* give up work and open my dream shop (goodness knows how much this would cost? £20k do you think?)

* pay off my 2 sisters morgages (£200k)

* go on holiday to WDW with my entire family - flying 1st class and stopping in a disney hotel! (£30k)

* buy 3 properties, renovate them and let them so I have an additional income, 1 for each of the children for when they are older (£200k)

* put £25k into a trust fund for each of my children for when they go to college (£75k)

* Give each of my cousins £20k each (£80k)

My parents are debt free, so I wouldn't need to give them a huge handout, but even being able to send them away on holiday a few times a year woyuld be great.

I'd  then have £125k left which I'd use for good causes in some way.  I have made some really good friends on CM whom would really benefit from having a helping hand.

Tell me what you'd do with a $1m win!

by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Aydans_Mommy
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM
If I won the lottery, I'd use some of it for a vacation out of the states. I see nothing selfish with what you would use it for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mum23beauties
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM

BUMP!

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM
-Pay off ALL our debt (about $50k inc. student loans, car loan, and credit card debt)

-Buy a house...probably a foreclosure with good bones and then renovate to our tastes (so...around $50-70k total)

-Buy a truck for DH

-Set up college funds for the girls and set ourselves up for retirement

-Make a few substantial donations to church and other charities

-Help out family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mum23beauties
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN