It'd be nice anyway! On the way back from buying my ticket (I only ever buy 1 and it is only ever once in a blue moon) I allowed myself to day dream on what I'd do and I do apologise, but this is the indulgent and quite selfish list. When I have done this previously I have aultruistic ones too, but things have been pretty bad at home money wise recently, so I have let myself be a bit self centred this time round. I've won £1m..
* buy my nana's house - she is in a nursing home - (£140k) decorate it, furnish it, landscape the garden and extend on it (under £100k)
* pay off our debts (£20k - I know, but this does also include a large car payment)
* pass my driving test and get a new car (under £10k)
* give up work and open my dream shop (goodness knows how much this would cost? £20k do you think?)
* pay off my 2 sisters morgages (£200k)
* go on holiday to WDW with my entire family - flying 1st class and stopping in a disney hotel! (£30k)
* buy 3 properties, renovate them and let them so I have an additional income, 1 for each of the children for when they are older (£200k)
* put £25k into a trust fund for each of my children for when they go to college (£75k)
* Give each of my cousins £20k each (£80k)
My parents are debt free, so I wouldn't need to give them a huge handout, but even being able to send them away on holiday a few times a year woyuld be great.
I'd then have £125k left which I'd use for good causes in some way. I have made some really good friends on CM whom would really benefit from having a helping hand.
Tell me what you'd do with a $1m win!