Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If God Doesn't Give Us More Than We Can Handle...

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:13 AM
  • 164 Replies
3 moms liked this

then why are there suicides? Nervous Breakdowns? Homelessness? Etc ... 

I'm NOT here to bash God. I'm here to say that some people have a LOT more than they can handle, and saying that God doesn't give us more than we can handle is a cop out only stated by people who have not experienced that most of us have a lot more than we can handle at some point in our lives. 

by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lishes
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM
3 moms liked this

I think it's said to try and help people feel better, but in fact is not true at all.

isyn3cams
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM
3 moms liked this
I've wondered the same thing when I hear about children getting beaten to death or sexually assaulted...

But I have to admit in my life along with many problems I've been at breaking points only to come out stronger...that said...I think its meant for each individual person...he gives you what he knows you can learn and grow from...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I agree, but I think it has some pretty damaging effects. Those people who find themselves overwhelmed may lose faith because they suddenly have more than they can handle. They may even start blaming themselves for it because clearly they're not good enough to handle what God has given them, or even because they've done something wrong to get swamped all at once. 

Quoting Lishes:

I think it's said to try and help people feel better, but in fact is not true at all.

reese1206
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM
13 moms liked this
He's does give us more than we can handle!!!! That's when we need to give it all to him. We are not made to get through it on our own but to fall before him. If we could handle everything....we wouldn't need him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandiii04
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM
5 moms liked this
I think it's a fortune cookie statement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lishes

I agree.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I agree, but I think it has some pretty damaging effects. Those people who find themselves overwhelmed may lose faith because they suddenly have more than they can handle. They may even start blaming themselves for it because clearly they're not good enough to handle what God has given them, or even because they've done something wrong to get swamped all at once. 

Quoting Lishes:

Bethsunshine
3 moms liked this

There is no Bible verse that says this.  That is a pithy saying that people spout off when they don't know what else to say. For myself, I try not to say this. It can sound really insensitive to someone going through a tough time. I've had people say it to me and I know they mean well, but it just doesn't help a whole lot.

Public school? Aren't you worried about socialization?

Join me in Christian Homeschoolers!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:05 AM
5 moms liked this

God doesnt give us any of our burdens...our Karma from past lives does that..until you learn to deal with yourself and improve you are bound to keep returning until you get it right

Bethsunshine
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting reese1206:

He's does give is more than we can handle!!!! That's when we need to give it all to him. We are not made to get through it on out own but to fall before him. If we could handle everything....we wouldn't need him.

This is what I wanted to say, but couldn't get it to transfer from my brain to the keyboard. Rough night last night. Thanks for putting into words what I was thinking!!!

Public school? Aren't you worried about socialization?

Join me in Christian Homeschoolers!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Piskie
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:05 AM

All it does is make people feel worse, bcause it reinforces the feeling that they don't trust god, or they're not dealing with it well enough... Sometimes, life is just terrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)