Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Could this be considered blackmail? Edit

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 54 Replies

My stbx has had people take screen shots of my Facebook, print out conversations, and pictures and give them to him since I blocked him several months back.  However, he says that if we can come to some sort of agreement that he doesn't have to pay child support and that we settle outside of court he will give me everything he has on me and never speak of it again.  He tells me the information he has will show lack of judgement and bad character.  Also, his brother is a Computer Science major, and I looked on my Facebook and saw that someone in the same part of PA has been logging into my account.  I live in MD, not PA.  Seem fishy to anyone?  

Any advice?  

Also, the only thing I can think that he has is photos of me drinking (when I dont have my son) and conversations about going out (when my son is with him).  Its not like I have drugs or anything awful on there lol.  Im pretty careful of what I have on FB. 

World's Poor Pessimist. (something borrowed,kate hudson,ginnifer goodwin)

by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM

BUMP!

Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Yeah I'd be closing my Facebook account or making a second profile using first as a decoy. Don't give intI threats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Ugh or change your passwords on everything to something hard with numbers letters and (;$:&& like that when allowed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkysmommy720
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would contact your lawyer and let him know what you have found out.  I would consider it blackmail because he is trying to use something against you to get his way.  Don't let him get away with it.

beethann
by Beth Ann on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Yes, that is black mail. Pretty shitty he doesn't want to support his kids. Why kind of things does he have on you? If its that bad, why you post that stuff online?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM

By "logging into your account," do you mean lurking on your FB wall and information or that they've actually logged in? If it's the latter, change your password ASAP.

Secondly, block all the people you suspect might be doing this BUT only if he can actually get dirt on you. If you have nothing to hide, then as much as it's wrong (IMO) for them to do this, I wouldn't worry to much about the ramifications.

To answer your question however, yes, it sounds to me like a form of blackmail and you should probably be in touch with your attorney as well as recording the comments he's making about this. 

starryeyez23
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Yea that wouldnt be happening. No way would he get away with no child support. Forget that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Hire an attorney ... that's stupid and I would take him to court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrimer
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM

what kind of stuff does he have on you??  you know you can make your profile private so no one can see it except your friends. and if he is having your friends do this for him, they are NOT your friends, delete them. you shouldnt be engaged in anything that is bad enough to be used against you, right?

tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM

He wont tell me, and from what I gather, its photos of me drinking (New years and I didnt have my son) also conversations about going out (again when I dont have my son) things of that nature.  Im assuming because I cant find anything to be that bad on there.  Im 22, I go out with friends WHEN I DONT HAVE MY SON LOL!  Also, if his brother is hacking my account, he may have private messages. 

Quoting beethann:

Yes, that is black mail. Pretty shitty he doesn't want to support his kids. Why kind of things does he have on you? If its that bad, why you post that stuff online?

World's Poor Pessimist. (something borrowed,kate hudson,ginnifer goodwin)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)