Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Could this be considered blackmail? Edit

My stbx has had people take screen shots of my Facebook, print out conversations, and pictures and give them to him since I blocked him several months back.  However, he says that if we can come to some sort of agreement that he doesn't have to pay child support and that we settle outside of court he will give me everything he has on me and never speak of it again.  He tells me the information he has will show lack of judgement and bad character.  Also, his brother is a Computer Science major, and I looked on my Facebook and saw that someone in the same part of PA has been logging into my account.  I live in MD, not PA.  Seem fishy to anyone?  

Any advice?  

Also, the only thing I can think that he has is photos of me drinking (when I dont have my son) and conversations about going out (when my son is with him).  Its not like I have drugs or anything awful on there lol.  Im pretty careful of what I have on FB. 

World's Poor Pessimist. (something borrowed,kate hudson,ginnifer goodwin)

by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Replies (51-54):
rosaleeandtwo
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM
No that's not blackmail.

But he is still stupid for saying that. Your character (or supposed lack of it) has nothing to do with child support and won't change how much he has to pay. He would have to file for a change in custody, and the judge would probably laugh at his "evidence" if its just a little partying and drinking on your own time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Earth_Mama90
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Print out that someone in pa logged in. And that date they did have bproof you were in md.

What a lazy ass. Yes its blackmail don't let him get to u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Yea it is blackmail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColorMeCrazy
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM

It doesn't matter if you ask for no child support, the judge will make him pay anyways. The law states that he pays no matter what anyone wants or says. Yes, he's blackmailing you and it is definitely illegal for him to have friends/family hack into your account. If you have a lawyer, be sure to give that info. If not, tell the lawyer they give you during court or the judge. Go to your profile and delete any incriminating pics or info. Make a new status stating what your ex is doing, let everyone on your friend's list know that he's having someone hack your account and that you're going to deactivate it. You will then have witnesses that know it's not actually you if he tries to post things from now on. Don't touch that account again after that, keep it deactivated until after court.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN