Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mom and Dad smoking with teenager

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 14 Replies

So my sister and brother in law have 3 kids one is 16 one is 14 and one is 9. the 16year old came to me when she was 15 (a week or 2 ago) and told me that she smoked pot for the first time with her parents. now the 14 year old says that he wants to do it too. i am so strongly against this its not even funny. my sister has had a very rocky relationship with my mother and i (we r very close and she has jelousy issues) and i dont want my neice to go down the wrong path as i did. my sister got me high for the first time when i was 11 and got into heavier drugs after that. not only that but my sister is president of the pta. should i do/say something?

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildlilacs
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:01 PM
No need to stir up more drama by tattling to your mom about this. Talk to the 16 and 14 yr old, tell them you are concerned and why you think smoking pot is wrong. Be a strong role model for them. Be their adviser. They are telling you this stuff cos the trust you.But dont do anything that will cause them to lose respect for you, like calling cps or something. It will only piss them off cos they cant tell you anything any more w/o you causing drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Oh I saw that a lot when i was a teenager, my ex and his parents smoked together all the time, we were like 15 i think. 

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I would just stay out of it.

hautemama83
by Nichole on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I wouldn't say anything just for the purpose of stirring up more drama. That just seems juvenile to me. But if you're wanting to do something to help, then I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemystinky
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Why would you tell your mom? Are you preteens?

Talk to your sister if you feel THAT strongly about it.

emmiesmommy1113
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Now that I'm a mom I feel like that is wrong but, I remember when I was a teen other parents smoked with their kids and the kids did good in school, had jobs, grew up to be productive citizens.

I'm kind of torn on this topic. I'm not sure what I would do.

grplovesjlp
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I have a cousin who smoked weed with his parents, they were/are lousy parents. Cousin was 9 when he first smoked weed with his parents..... My aunt and uncle would smoke with any nieces and nephews that wanted to also. There were many times i smoked with them when i was a teenager.
Lol dont know if them being hillbillies in kentucky has anything to do with all that.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM
When I was 15 I smoked a couple of times with my mom. I am by no means a delinquent or law breaker, and my mom was and is an awesome mom who works really hard for her family. She's a college grad, upstanding citizen, etc.
I was already a pot smoker and I provided the pot the few times we smoked. She hadn't smoked in years.

i think unless they are really young, the 9 yo for instance, just stay out of it. If its anything harder than pot, talk to the parents, get involved. That's my advice anyway, good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellslovessoda
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM

i talked to my sister and havnt spoken to her in a year and yes i told my mom everything about my sister and now my sister wont let my mom see the kids because my mom wont stop having a relationship with me. this is terrible, drugs over family i guess. even if i smoke ot i would NEVER allow a CHILD.

kellslovessoda
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)