Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just for you, racists! A Holiday For White People!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Cecil Ash, Arizona State Lawmaker, Proposes Holiday For White People (VIDEO)

What's up with Arizona?

After a Latino state legislator proposed a Latino American Day, lawmaker Cecil Ash stepped up before the legislature to suggest a holiday for white people. Seriously.

This is, after all, the land of S.B. 1070, the contentious and draconian immigration enforcement bill that has been mired in legal deadlock since it was signed into law by Gov. Jan Brewer (R) in 2010. The legislation, considered the strictest of its kind when it was passed, is to be ruled upon by the Supreme Court later this year.

It's also home to Russell Pearce, the former Republican state senator credited with laying down the framework for the state's controversial immigration law.

And who can forget the ever-graceful Brewer, stateswoman and author, wagging her finger dismissively in the face of President Obama at an airport in Phoenix last month?

And the swashbuckling Sheriff Joe Arpaio lives there, too. He proclaimed himself "America's Toughest Sheriff," and now finds himself ensnared in a U.S. Justice Department investigation accusing his department of racially profiling Latinos, basing immigration enforcement on racially charged citizen complaints and punishing Hispanic jail inmates for speaking Spanish.

Enter Cecil Ash, a Republican from Mesa, who feels that what Arizona needs now is an official holiday for white folks.

The idea apparently came to Ash after state Rep. Richard Miranda proposed a Latino American Day. "I wanted to speak to you all about Latino Americans here in Arizona," Miranda said on the House floor Monday.

After some debate, Ash stepped forward with his grand idea.

"I'm supportive of this proposition and I think it's well deserved," he said. "I just want them to assure me that when we do become in the minority you'll have a day for us."

There was laughter on the House floor. On CBS 5 News, reporter Elizabeth Erwin introduced her story on the latest state controversy saying, "You can't make this stuff up." No you can't.

On the street, a random woman in a baseball cap said Ash's proposal made sense. Of course. "Like they have Cinco de Mayo for Mexicans," she told CBS 5 News, "we need something for whites." Only in Arizona.

Ash, for his part, wasn't backing down.

"I think it was appropriate," he told the station, referring to his proposed holiday. "It was appropriate for the mood that was in the House and I think that if and when the Caucasian population becomes a minority, they may want to celebrate the accomplishments and the contributions of the Caucasian population the same way."

Maybe Ash is onto something. Consider the talk of a Caucasian history month on the social networking site Tumblr. For real. No joke.

by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (181-190):
robertskids219
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

No im not mad at white ppl, i just get tired of hearing white ppl complain about not having a holiday or a white history month, the racist assholes just want something to feel better about something and not try to worry about what are future will be like, instead they are worrying about a holiday that to me will be a crock of shit really....

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I think she's mad at white people.... I could be wrong but that's the vibe I'm getting.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Wtf are you talking about?

Quoting robertskids219:

damn near every holiday we do have is for white ppl, white ppl need to stop acting like everybody owes them something just because the other races have what one holiday, damn ppl need to grow up n stop acting like this already, we dont need no damn holiday, what they need to do is figure out how we wont go broke, and try to help ppl instead of a fucking made up holiday that aint gonna be shit..

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you read the article or are you just flying off the handle because you didn't have cheerios this morning. 

Quoting robertskids219:

Yea there is alot of cussing because ppl need to stop acting like everybody owes somebody something, why would we need a white holiday, answer me that??? and ok maybe the holidays u did name is for everybody but so what WHY do we need a holiday??? so we can appreciate all the evil BS we have done in our past??? so Like i said it will just be another day, its just something for white ppl to feel like the need something when they have almost everything anyway...the government needs to worry about our future and not about some stupid ass holiday...thats all i'm saying..

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

The first line was all I read, thats all I had to read to respond the rest of it, I have no idea what is says.. Lot of cussing I see that much .LOL

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Lmfao!! I think she's slightly confuzzled. I had a hard time understanding what she wrote. LOL!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

HUH????. CHRISTMAS,FORTH OF JULY, VALENTINES DAY? EASTER? CINCO DE MAYO? VETRENS DAY? MEMORIAL DAY? LABOR DAY? 

Which on of these are WHITE HOLIDAYS

Quoting robertskids219:

damn near every holiday we do have is for white ppl, white ppl need to stop acting like everybody owes them something just because the other races have what one holiday, damn ppl need to grow up n stop acting like this already, we dont need no damn holiday, what they need to do is figure out how we wont go broke, and try to help ppl instead of a fucking made up holiday that aint gonna be shit..

jigsaw ribbon

do11face
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM
I don't even know what to say to this stupidity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
The problem is that you are GENERALIZING about an entire race of people. I am white and I don't go around BASHING my race, I only bash assholes and let me tell you that I do not discriminate. Their are assholes of every shade, nationality, and ancestry. Color has absolutely nothing to do with it. You seem very angry and I'm not sure why.

Quoting robertskids219:

No im not mad at white ppl, i just get tired of hearing white ppl complain about not having a holiday or a white history month, the racist assholes just want something to feel better about something and not try to worry about what are future will be like, instead they are worrying about a holiday that to me will be a crock of shit really....

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

I think she's mad at white people.... I could be wrong but that's the vibe I'm getting.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Wtf are you talking about?

Quoting robertskids219:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexiandelismama
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

People are such whiny little piss ants. I don't think anyone should get a holiday. How about everyone just live their damn lives and stop complaining about what you all do and don't deserve? Now there's an idea.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

zianneaaliyah
by HBIC of ME on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

LMAO!  I wonder what will be celebrated?

Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Quoting BRITTN3Y:

clapping

*Anthony Thomas *11/9/07* & *Iris Raine *8/10/09*

kzuehlk
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM
It's about time.

I don't understand why people think that's racist. Plenty of other races get a holiday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM

What is up with Arizona? They are making themselves look like damn fools out there... :/

Aislinn
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Quoting do11face:

I don't even know what to say to this stupidity.

The comments are worse than the story... WTH, people? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)