Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

help decide dd's fate..POLL..need help with this please**UPDATE***

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: should Cinderella be able to go to the dance?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 113

View Results

my dd is 6, she is suppose to go to a daddy/daughter dance tonight that only happens once a year....she went when she was 4, talked about it all year and was supposed to go last year but it was aancelled due to snow....since then all the time she talks about it....well, she has gotten really nasty with her attitude in the last few days and today i was really frustrated with all three of my kids for trashing the living room and demanded they clean it up...Miss Piss opens up her mouth and says, 'Well, I am only going to help daddy since he is taking me to the dance tonight" he was cleaning in the kitchen...well, I lost it... i told her there wa no way I was going to let her go after the nasty way she has been acting for the last few days and that until she learns some respect she wouldnt be going anywhere....she of course dissolved into tears...she apologized on her own about 30 minutes later and started to help....i am still pissed, but I dont know if i should let her go since it is a really special event and only once a year....dh says he will abide by my decision...I  need some input...after 3 boys, i just dont get this female attitude stuff!

*****update.....she is going...she is acting quite contrite right now because I told her that her fate held in the balance of what the wise Cafe Moms thought of her behaviour, lol...we discussed her punishment and it has been decided she will be grounded from outside for 5 days and help me clean house everyday (small chores) Thank for helping me out with this to see it clearly..her mouth has been etting me on edge for the last week and it just came to a head today.

Group Owner of Religious Debate

by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMrs407
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM
5 moms liked this

That's tough.  I'm a big fan of "don't make threats you can't keep", but I understand saying things when you are really frustrated too.  I think I would come up with another punishment (pretty sever too) and have her choose.

mlsc85
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Quoting TheMrs407:

That's tough.  I'm a big fan of "don't make threats you can't keep", but I understand saying things when you are really frustrated too.  I think I would come up with another punishment (pretty sever too) and have her choose.

sherry132
by Sherry on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM
6 moms liked this

That's tough. I have this rule in my house. Do no use very special moments to punish. Once you take away something so important, you've lost all your ability to have any respect from her. Yes, she's pushing you. Try talking to her without anyone around. Explain ONCE what exactly she is doing and saying that has you so upset. Let her tell you what is going on. Use something else for punishment, like no tv this weekend. But don't take away the special one on one time she gets with Daddy. It's just too important. 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM

bump

roxysmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I like this idea :) I have a 6 year old daughter also...they're tough :(

Quoting TheMrs407:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

(Sarah Robinson). Get yours at bighugelabs.com
roxysmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I do agree with this as well.

Quoting sherry132:

That's tough. I have this rule in my house. Do not use very special moments to punish. Once you take away something so important, you've lost all your ability to have any respect from her. Yes, she's pushing you. Try talking to her without anyone around. Explain ONCE what exactly she is doing and saying that has you so upset. Let her tell you what is going on. Use something else for punishment, like no tv this weekend. But don't take away the special one on one time she gets with Daddy. It's just too important. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

(Sarah Robinson). Get yours at bighugelabs.com
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM

normally I wouldnt, but after she said that in reference to the dance i was like  oh no she didnt!

Quoting sherry132:

That's tough. I have this rule in my house. Do no use very special moments to punish. Once you take away something so important, you've lost all your ability to have any respect from her. Yes, she's pushing you. Try talking to her without anyone around. Explain ONCE what exactly she is doing and saying that has you so upset. Let her tell you what is going on. Use something else for punishment, like no tv this weekend. But don't take away the special one on one time she gets with Daddy. It's just too important. 

Group Owner of Religious Debate

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I would let her go to the dance, but she is grounded for the.next week/weekend. I wouldn't take away a daddy/daughter dance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I would let her go, events like these are important for both the dads and the daughters. Punish her some other way. It would be different if you had thought out the punishment but blurting something out in anger shouldn't jeopardize a special event like that.

LectioDivina
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I'd agree too

Quoting roxysmommy:

I do agree with this as well.

Quoting sherry132:

That's tough. I have this rule in my house. Do not use very special moments to punish. Once you take away something so important, you've lost all your ability to have any respect from her. Yes, she's pushing you. Try talking to her without anyone around. Explain ONCE what exactly she is doing and saying that has you so upset. Let her tell you what is going on. Use something else for punishment, like no tv this weekend. But don't take away the special one on one time she gets with Daddy. It's just too important. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN