Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yuck! Found A BUG in my baby's formula!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Pic

Ewww called gerber. They're going to send me coupons for two free cans of formula. This bug was in a brand new can of formula. Nasty.
Oh well. She'll get extra protein and crunch. Yum. Lol
;)

Edit.
I had breast cancer and lost my breasts. Don't see why I need to put that as this isn't about breast feeding.
On my way to johns Hopkins. My responses will be few and far between.

Edit2 - changed title so people don't think I found a penny in the formula.  

by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (411-414):
dmarie2101
by The Assassin on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM

whos attacking bf'ing mothers? the only point i had was that your reply was somewhat...dumb. i didnt have to prove it, though, you did it for me. thanks.

Quoting seraphimsong:

Yes, I would let my child starve *rolls eyes*

Has it ever occured to any of you that attack bfing mothers that you sound just as bitchy as you claim us to be? It doesn't really help you to prove your point.

Quoting dmarie2101:

you breastfeed for the specific reason of bugs in formula? weird. i thought it would be bc of health benefits, or yada yada.

if you found that in formula, you would let your child starve? what if you couldnt use your almighty breasts? what if, like the op, you didnt have breasts anymore?

you seem easily excitable. i pictured a chihuahua when i read your reply.

Quoting seraphimsong:

Sick! That's exactly why I bf!! If I found that I could never being myself to give my child formula again!

dmarie2101
by The Assassin on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting seraphimsong:

I didn't "attempt to redeem" myself. Everyone jumped down my throat for saying that's why *I* bf. I did not criticize op in any way.

I was simply stating that I don't care how you feed your child, I ff dd. Then after hearing things like this and deaths of infants because of bacteria in formula *I* chose to bf.

I get it. I mentioned bfing so that automatically makes me think I'm better than you. Ff moms are just as judgmental as bfing moms. I never said she was killing her baby, or that she was a bad mother. She is doing what she has to do.

I cannot say what I choose to do because it involves bfing right. My bad. I will not talk about myself bfing anymore just to appease all the ff moms! Deal?

Quoting dmarie2101:

theres like 350 replies here. im not combing through them just to see if you attempted to redeem yourself after your shitty reply, which was on the first page and thus, easily attainable.

Quoting seraphimsong:

I formula fed for heavens sake!! People need to read the whole post before attacking!!!!

Quoting JacksMom1221:

But even if u weren't trying to u did. I hope this occurrence will serve to remind u not to be so quick to condescend those who ff.

Quoting seraphimsong:

Did you bother to read any of my other replies?

I did not say it to rub it in her face. I said *I*

I did not speak for anyone else.

Go read

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting seraphimsong:

Sick! That's exactly why I bf!! If I found that I could never being myself to give my child formula again!

Do you feel better about yourself because you can breastfeed but the OP can't because of cancer? *HIGH FIVE*

geminiheartz
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

iicckkk...now ill be investigating my sugar and possibly the salt too before i use it...thanks, lmfao!!

Quoting Melinda32:

Did you know that sugar has bug parts and rat feces in it? Most of it gets so ground up in the factory that you never see it but its there :) mmmm sugar in my coffee :)

Avitar
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Good of you to find and act on it, quickly. 8-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)