Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby pointing toes

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 18 Replies
Her grandma was saying this is bc of something to do with her calf muscles not being strong enough to support her weight. Shes 14 months and still only ever taken a few steps. She's been crawling since 7 months and cruising on furniture shortly after. She gets all upset if i try to stand her up. I thought she was just being stubborn. But maybe not? Her grandma was saying that it actually hurts her to stand and that i should get her high arch shoes and massage her calves. Where do i even get her shoes like that, and if online, how can i make sure they fit her right? Is this an old wives tale about baby girls that like to point their toes like ballerinas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilithofEden
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilithofEden
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Octxixg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Stride rite has the best walking shoes...ds use to point his toes outward until I bought him some walking shoes from stride rite and within a week of wearing them he stopped
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love_1120
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM

BUMP!

LilithofEden
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Kchc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..guesswho..
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I would talk to her pediatrician about it. If you get the shoes yourself you could do more harm than good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I would see about getting her eval by a Pediatric Physical Therapist if possible. They can also get your a rx for specialized shoes that will be molded to fit her feet.  My son had some for a little while.

mandee1503
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

See a dr. It could be minor, or it could be her hamstrings and heel cords are tight. Don't do anything until you see a dr. You could do more damage then good.

redbutterfly666
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

my son does that to O.o he loves standing up though

Butterfly1108
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Does she use a walker? If so make sure her legs are just not hanging kind of leave the walker low enough to where she can try to stand up on her own.
Or have her grab the handles of a jump rope while you guide her to walking. She will fall a few times but not hard or far she will eventually catch to grabbing a hold of the handles and go with it.
As far as the shoes don't even worry about it. Sandles would be good. Shoes that will feel right to her you can kind of tell. GL She will learn how to walk (at her timing) before you know it...just take it slow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)