Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anybody seen...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM
  • 10 Replies
...the show Doomsday Prepper?. These people prep their kids and home for the end of the world. On the episode I am watching, the mother takes her kids to a shooting range often and gets deliveries for food at night so nobody knows how much food they store. Another family converted their pool into a greenhouse with a pond and fish. They also have their family practice putting on gas masks. Are you or do you know anybody like this?
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I'm not but I sometimes fight the impulse. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

No. I think if the and when the world ends I won't want to be in it anymore. I would want my kids to live longer and have a fuller life but not if the conditions were as they say they would be. I have lived a full and wonderful life. 

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
That's exactly what I just said to my husband.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

No. I think if the and when the world ends I won't want to be in it anymore. I would want my kids to live longer and have a fuller life but not if the conditions were as they say they would be. I have lived a full and wonderful life. 

angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM

This is actually a part of a religion.. I can't remember which one though (having a hard time concentrating at the moment and I don't want to name one and be wrong.. lol).  This religion has stores where people can shop and stock up on things.  The house my parents bought were owned by a family who stocked up... their basement has everything except a bathroom (and they didn't do that because the sewer line was too high) and when they looked at the house they saw huge barrels of food there.  We're wondering if they moved because they couldn't put in a bathroom.. :/ 

shoot4thestars
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I saw commercials for that show, but I haven't been able to watch.  I want to though because it looks interesting.  I don't know anybody like that.

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM
It's Mormons. They're required to stock up for at least a year

Quoting angziety:

This is actually a part of a religion.. I can't remember which one though (having a hard time concentrating at the moment and I don't want to name one and be wrong.. lol).  This religion has stores where people can shop and stock up on things.  The house my parents bought were owned by a family who stocked up... their basement has everything except a bathroom (and they didn't do that because the sewer line was too high) and when they looked at the house they saw huge barrels of food there.  We're wondering if they moved because they couldn't put in a bathroom.. :/ 

angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Ah, thank you.  :) 

Quoting SarahLizyB:

Quoting angziety:

Jambo4
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Not required, but advised to be prepared for any emergency... loss of work, down turn in the economy, natural disaster... it's just smart thinking.  Who wants to look in the big eyes of their children and say, "sorry hon.. but there is nothing to eat."

If anyone has ever been to a grocery store when there is a huge storm coming or shortly after, you are well aware of how fast the shelves can empty.  We forget how easy our "food supply" can be interrupted.  It wouldn't matter if you had all the money in the world... empty shelves are empty shelves.

Quoting SarahLizyB:

Quoting angziety:

As for this show... never heard of it.  Sounds a bit extreme to me.

sweetmissy_05
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Never heard of it.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I think being prepared for an emergency is a WONDERFUL thing , but it seems those people(from the episodes I saw) may be living FOR doomsday and not actually enjoying this life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)