Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so stupid

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM
  • 20 Replies

So today I went and had my hair done and the stylist did an amazing job on the colo and highights and then he put some big curls in it to style it. So I get home after buying a curling iron and obviously the curls fell that the stylist put in because I have that luck so I think hey how hard can this be. I watched a you tube video and everything and still cant get it right. I feel so stupid I cant style my hair at all. I can wash it for a few days and we are going away this weekend to an amazing hotel and restraunt and now I dont know what to do. Im tired of wearing my hair in a pony tail and feel so ugly doing so. When I see pictures of my self with my hair pulled back I see how fat I look and now I dont know how to style it to wear it down. Im sorry this may not seem important to some but for someone strugging with self image and confidence its a big deal. I never thought I would cry over my hair. I dont know what to do now.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parentalrights1
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I can't style my hair either don't worry. I'd just recommend a hair cut that frames the face well and is easy to manage.

Ihereainti
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Awe don't feel bad I have baby fine thin hair.. Best I can do is shoot it and put it out it's misery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaysha
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM
hugs. i cant do my own hair either, except for a pony tail. i feel horrible. i try and fail all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theycallmemom4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Get hot rollers and put your hair up in them. Pretty easy and spray the hell hell out of them with hair spray.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM
My favorite thing for big curls is a wand. I really thought they were a pointless item but got it free with buying the blow dryer I wanted so I figured I would try it, I love that thing! my dd loves it too. You will get it figured out and enjoy your weekend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charley427
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I have really curly hair naturally but I just loved how soft and good the big curls looked and they way he blow dryed it. I know I can blow dry it the same but I just dont know how to use the damn curling iron and I hate my hair pin straigt.

Quoting Ihereainti:

Awe don't feel bad I have baby fine thin hair.. Best I can do is shoot it and put it out it's misery

FL2AK
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I can't do my hair either. Don't feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charley427
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Where can I buy the big curlers? and do I section my hair and roll it all in them? I did watch a you tube video where the girl did that but I wasnt sure where to buy them at.

Quoting theycallmemom4:

Get hot rollers and put your hair up in them. Pretty easy and spray the hell hell out of them with hair spray.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Awwww! Don't feel bad. My hair doesn't hold a curl either, because its baby fine. The only way I can get curls to stay in is to get a perm and I don't like to do that because I color my hair to cover the greys and a perm washes the color right out. I know that there are tricks to make curls stay in, maybe you could call and ask your hair stylist?

lynnd4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I use one of those tube/curling ironi hairdryers and it works great. Once you learn how to use it, it does the styling for you. I've owned about 4 of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)