Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nystagmus

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:52 AM
  • 27 Replies
Hey ladies I have nystagmus and I was wondering how many know what it is???? And if you have an questions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM
It's when your eyes shift quickly making it difficult to focus, correct?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM

uncontrollable rapid eye movement, it happens commonly in intoxicated people. I have a friend who has it, she says it makes it hard to focus 

Kell913
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Yes and no, your eyes are moving to focus but with corrective lenses I now see 20/30. Sorry I was just curious a lot of people don't know what it is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kell913
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM
I couldn't see well till a year ago, I had to slant my head to the left. I am so scared to get pulled over for that reason , everyone thinks I am crazy lol.

Quoting Irenesmommy:

uncontrollable rapid eye movement, it happens commonly in intoxicated people. I have a friend who has it, she says it makes it hard to focus 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynnd4
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Thanks, I had no clue what it was. You learn something every day!

Quoting Kell913:

Yes and no, your eyes are moving to focus but with corrective lenses I now see 20/30. Sorry I was just curious a lot of people don't know what it is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

she doesn't drive at all! she is paranoid of getting pulled over I don't blame her, I wouldn't want the hassle of getting a possible dui then having to go through all those hoops to prove it false.

Quoting Kell913:

I couldn't see well till a year ago, I had to slant my head to the left. I am so scared to get pulled over for that reason , everyone thinks I am crazy lol.

Quoting Irenesmommy:

angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I know what it is.  :)  But I'm a former medical transcriptionist and medical buff too..

They checked to see if I had nystagmus during my vertigo episodes.  I know that an actor who was on a House episode (among other shows, etc.) has nystagmus.  It was the large guy who never smoked but ended up having lung cancer. 

Do you get dizzy at all with it? 

Kell913
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I was always nervous about it just because I couldn't see. I finally got glasses and contacts and now I see 20/30. I keep a doctors note in my glove box. Better to be safe than sorry. he didn't think i would need it. But I have had times when I was younger a cop told me i was lieing cause my eyes were moving. I told him to go look at my school records, they don't stop. So that made me really paranoid

Quoting Irenesmommy:

she doesn't drive at all! she is paranoid of getting pulled over I don't blame her, I wouldn't want the hassle of getting a possible dui then having to go through all those hoops to prove it false.

Quoting Kell913:

Quoting Irenesmommy:

Kell913
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Your welcome, another post made me think of doing it

Quoting lynnd4:

Thanks, I had no clue what it was. You learn something every day!

Quoting Kell913:

Kell913
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I do get dizzy from time to time, not as much as I use to. But not sure if that's why. Alot of my family does and other than my nephew I am the only one that has it.

Quoting angziety:

I know what it is.  :)  But I'm a former medical transcriptionist and medical buff too..

They checked to see if I had nystagmus during my vertigo episodes.  I know that an actor who was on a House episode (among other shows, etc.) has nystagmus.  It was the large guy who never smoked but ended up having lung cancer. 

Do you get dizzy at all with it? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)