Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My heart breaks for her son..not for her..

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM
  • 30 Replies

Tonight something scared me so bad, I just had to get it out..

Their is a little boy that plays with my son. This little boy runs around the complex. His mother lets him go anywhere he wants and doesnt check on him till she calls him in or he goes in wants, which is when the lights have been on for at least a good hour. I wil tell this child he needs to go home. This child is only six years old...

Well tonight, I brought my kids in at the normal 5:30, the little boy was still running around, so I let him know my kids were coming in. Of course he runs for my door asking a millions questions. He will do this..loves to ask questions. So I answer him, once again tell him to go home and i close the door. Around 6:30 there is a knock at my door. I answer the door and it was the boys mom asking if I have seen her child. I told her 'no, i told him to go home when i pulled my kids in" I knew something wasnt right, so i threw on my shoes and headed out the door with the flashlight. Next thing I knew the hole neighborhood is looking for this kid and we went to everydoor. After looking and going to every door, I knew she had to call 911. The mom could barley speak as I had 911 on the phone. The fire deparment shows up, six police cars show up. I am trying to get info to the cops since his mom couldn't stop crying and was now not able to catch her breath. Well this cop comes running towards us telling they found him...he was six blocks away. He wonder so far away from home that he got lost and couldnt get back cause he forgot. He was walking down a dark road with few lights when someone spot him walking and when he went up to the boy, the boy was crying and said he was lost and the perosn called 911. 

Now child services are opening a case, she got a ticket for child indangerment, and alomost arrested tonight. She has to go before the judge tomorrow. I feel so bad for this child. He is a sweet boy and he is always lonely. I feel so protected over him. He loves playing with my son and they play great together. All i got is this picture in my head of this poor child walking down a road and being lost. I got home after finding grabbed my son and hugged him crying, knowing that my son plays with this boy and my child could have been with him, even though i know where my six year old is every time.

My heart is breaking for this child. But she doesnt watch him, she lets him run all over the place, he hardly wears clothes that keep him warm. I have given him gloves and let him wear an exta coat that i keep for my son. I am sorry but if child services ask me anything, I am not going to lie..I love this child and I dont want to see him hurt or lost ever again..

And before any of you say i should have reported it,,yes i see it now but i didnt before..so if your going to bash ME I will make this post go POOF...

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblu399
by Tamika on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM
No bashing from me, I hope the mom gets her stuff together.Scary stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessesGirl9
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Poor boy :( that's really sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM
You did what you thought best. Hope they do more than what they did for my neighbor kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramonafrog
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Quoting JessesGirl9:

Poor boy :( that's really sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cheesebug
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Its good to know someone is concerned. If CPS doesn't get ahold of you, then maybe you should call them and tell them what u just told us. Parents like that don't realize what they are doing to their kids and frankly don't deserve to have them. I dont even let my six yr old stepson play outside by himself and we live in the country. I am always afraid he will get bit by a snake and i wont hear him, or wonder off a little too far in the woods.

Klynn2012
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM

wow, so heart touching :/

Mrs.Bryant1201
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM
That really sucks. Idk how she can sleep at night! :O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Poor kid, lets hope they get the mom some mandated parenting classes, so she can get her act together. Hopefully this was a wake up call for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeansandMash
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Hopefully it is a wake up call and she will wake the fuck up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Poor little man...its sad when parents don't care enough to knlw where their.kids aee at ALL times...i couldn't imagine my six year old out roaming the neighborhood...hell I don't even let my eight year old out to run the streets...my rule for them right now is if I can't see you then you can't be there...unless we are inside the house of corse...i wish the boy the best of luck...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)