Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting pregnant on birth control

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have the implanon implant. My periods are freaky so they're no help. I'm having serious symptoms: exhausted, extra hungry and thirsty. I've been getting dizzy. The worst part is I have this feeling I'm pregnant. It's not been wrong yet. Yes I took a hpt and it came back negative. My question I guess is has anyone gotten pregnant on implanon? Google hasn't helped much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skymama10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:44 AM

My friend did get pregnant taking birth control but I am not sure of the name but not that one.  What happens is after a while, the body develops a tolerance for it, so it is best to consult with your doctor about changing which one you use or dose, etc.  I remember--ORTHOTRICYCLEN (sp?)

angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:56 AM

I don't use Google (it sucks.. never brings up relevant info).  I searched for "implanon failure" with Eccellio Science's search and this is the second site that came up:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jan/05/pregnant-contraceptive-implant-implanon

It's about how Implanon was not fitted correctly and failed hundreds of times in the UK.. this was posted in 2011. 

AisleyneChasidy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:59 AM
This.

There was a HUGE problem with it over here (I'm a UK Mom) during late 2009 and then 2010-11 and it failing.

I'd suggest going and seeing a doctor 'cause if you are pregnant it NEEDS to be taken out.

Quoting angziety:

I don't use Google (it sucks.. never brings up relevant info).  I searched for "implanon failure" with Eccellio Science's search and this is the second site that came up:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jan/05/pregnant-contraceptive-implant-implanon

It's about how Implanon was not fitted correctly and failed hundreds of times in the UK.. this was posted in 2011. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my1love
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:02 AM

oh im still having those lovely feelings i buy a 2 pack test once a month to make sure i fucking hate this implant i even get the flutters of baby kicking. and nope not preg

Maria_Peanut
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:07 AM
I have it and i feel the same way. My sis miscarried from hers 3 months ago. Im getting mine removed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:09 AM

I got pregnant on that one twice.

Quoting MixedCooke:

My friend did get pregnant taking birth control but I am not sure of the name but not that one.  What happens is after a while, the body develops a tolerance for it, so it is best to consult with your doctor about changing which one you use or dose, etc.  I remember--ORTHOTRICYCLEN (sp?)

skymama10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM
This is not reassuring. I hot line early 2011. Thank you for the help ladies. Guess I'm going to get it out.

Quoting AisleyneChasidy:

This.

There was a HUGE problem with it over here (I'm a UK Mom) during late 2009 and then 2010-11 and it failing.

I'd suggest going and seeing a doctor 'cause if you are pregnant it NEEDS to be taken out.

Quoting angziety:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skymama10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I've had it for almost a year and have never had a problem. That's what scares me.

Quoting my1love:

oh im still having those lovely feelings i buy a 2 pack test once a month to make sure i fucking hate this implant i even get the flutters of baby kicking. and nope not preg

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skymama10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Sorry for her loss. From what ya'll say mines gotta go too.

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

I have it and i feel the same way. My sis miscarried from hers 3 months ago. Im getting mine removed

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)