Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any haircolor experts on?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
My natural color is a mousy brown. I've been dying my hair myself for years, usually a dark brownish red, never stripping it. I just pick a color I like, and whatever color it comes out, it does.
Now though, I really want dark strawberry blond and my hair is too dark for it from the other colors. Any way I can accomplish this look without having to go to a salon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CMcLaws
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I'm like you are with my hair. I don't go to the salon much at all, maybe 2 times a year to get it cut. I usually just get a box of darkish dye and it comes out a dark redish brown. 

One time I did try to go blond, and I came out with school bus yellow patches all over my head with most of my hair still being brown. It was AWFUL!! I had to go to the salon to get it fixed and ended up costing more to get it fixed than it would have if I would have gone to them in the first place. To go lighter I would really go to the salon.

SOCO101
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM

BUMP!

CMcLaws
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Lol well.....I don't want THAT! I'll probably suck it up and just go. Thanks!

Quoting SOCO101:

I'm like you are with my hair. I don't go to the salon much at all, maybe 2 times a year to get it cut. I usually just get a box of darkish dye and it comes out a dark redish brown. 

One time I did try to go blond, and I came out with school bus yellow patches all over my head with most of my hair still being brown. It was AWFUL!! I had to go to the salon to get it fixed and ended up costing more to get it fixed than it would have if I would have gone to them in the first place. To go lighter I would really go to the salon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CMcLaws:

Lol well.....I don't want THAT! I'll probably suck it up and just go. Thanks!

Quoting SOCO101:

LOL! Oh it was bad, I was a senoir in high school at the time. My mom helped me with it, and she felt so bad she paid for the fix, aaaannnnddd let me skip school, lol!

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I would let your hair grow until your natural color comes through then get all but the natural cut off.

Then you can use the Loreal Colour Expert.  It's a 2 step process that gives you all over color and highlights. I've used it a couple times.  The colors are pretty true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)