Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AM I THE ONLY ONE???

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:49 AM
  • 17 Replies

I think my Mother raised me too independent that I can pretty much easily cut ties with anyone as though they never existed in my life.  I dont know what it is, it is not that I dont love/loved them or enjoyed them being a part of my life, but I can still just end any relationship with ease even after 10+ years.  I even went over 2 months without any communication with my Mother and my father died never knowing he had any grandchildren.

I am empathetic though such as if someone suffers a loss, i feel it as if it were nearly my own.

Anybody else?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Astaroth
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:51 AM
I can cut ties easily.

If someone suffers a loss, I feel sympathy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:02 AM

I do this.. I'm an Army brat and had to do it a lot growing up.  I'm actually horrible at maintaining friendships. 

I do feel a lot of empathy.. but it depends on the situation. 

BettyBlythe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:04 AM
I am the same way. I can drop anyone and keep moving on. I do not feel empathy though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherri8806
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:05 AM

My mother and father both walked out on my siblings and I so its easy for all of us to cut ties with people, like if a friend and I get into a serious argument I will just move on.  I really hate drama though so maybe that is a reason I move on so fast.

RadnRem
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:12 AM
I am like that. Although I would still think of the person from time to time and wonder about them.

My father abandoned us as pre teens and teenagers. This helped me become this way imo.

I am more sympathetic though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandamarielee
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 AM
I wish i was like that. Freinds... i have. S/o that are destructive that i have been with for ten years.. hard. I dont know why... i really have no love left for this person and feel such hatred... i just can't severe ties. Its messed up. I really need to though.
charliebean
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:24 AM

charliebean
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Is your name Angie?

Quoting angziety:

I do this.. I'm an Army brat and had to do it a lot growing up.  I'm actually horrible at maintaining friendships. 

angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM

:)  No.  Are you asking because of the username?  If you are, you are the second person to think ang = Angie.. lol.  (It's actually a funky way of spelling anxiety.)

Quoting charliebean:

Is your name Angie?

Quoting angziety:

PinkyPan
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:45 AM

I have no problems cutting ties with anyone either. If someone I know is toxic or hurtful towards me then I just walk away. I do not stick around and nor do I invite them into my life any longer. You know the saying...fool me once. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)