Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of Internet do you have?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
  • 15 Replies
Do you like it? How much do you pay? Do you know your upload/download threshold/limits?

We have Verizon broadband with the usb card. Our download is 5gigs not sure the upload but we pay $65-70 a month for it.

I'm not talking about speed. Do you have unlimited usage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Comcast Xfinity right now it's 29.99. I just left Clear wireless.

angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Have you tested it at speedtest.net?  It will tell you what your speeds are (both d/l and u/l).  It can be brutal (esp. if you pay for 1 mbps like we do.. at almost $50 a month!!).  Our upload speed is ridiculous.. it's not even a full mb.. it's kbps.  SMH.  We get it through our local phone company, and we live in a tiny, tiny, tiny town.  It's a cable modem.  We can't get anything else (except Hughes.net but that would be worse than what we have, if that's possible.. lol). 

debbie26
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM

verizon fios and we have the 25/25 speed dont remember what that means but the guy did tell me.. I like it but see no difference from brighthouse that i used to have brighthouse has what they call "roadrunner" speed but my S/O says he can tell.....

sweetnsexymom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM

My brother has Wildblue satellite internet, which is what we are thinking of switching to. I've never seen any problems with them.

I was wondering because a lot of people stream movies through their internet and we tried that when we first got Verizon and were under the assumption we had unlimited data. Our first bill was $13,000. Yes they took it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsexymom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:11 AM
I will check that later. Thanks.

Quoting angziety:

Have you tested it at speedtest.net?  It will tell you what your speeds are (both d/l and u/l).  It can be brutal (esp. if you pay for 1 mbps like we do.. at almost $50 a month!!).  Our upload speed is ridiculous.. it's not even a full mb.. it's kbps.  SMH.  We get it through our local phone company, and we live in a tiny, tiny, tiny town.  It's a cable modem.  We can't get anything else (except Hughes.net but that would be worse than what we have, if that's possible.. lol). 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Comcast pay about 50 don't know speed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Famousglm714
by Gina on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:12 AM
We have WOW. It's okay. It's around $80 I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Oh wow.. that's crazy.  We have Verizon for our cell phone but we've never used more than.. 2 gigs of data.  We do get the unlimited data but heard about their cap.  Did you have a heart attack when you got that bill?  I would! 

Quoting sweetnsexymom:

My brother has Wildblue satellite internet, which is what we are thinking of switching to. I've never seen any problems with them.

I was wondering because a lot of people stream movies through their internet and we tried that when we first got Verizon and were under the assumption we had unlimited data. Our first bill was $13,000. Yes they took it off.

sweetnsexymom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Oh yeah! I totally freaked out. I was like um honey? Something is wrong with the Verizon bill! He's like what? I said well its way way more than what its supposed to be. He looked and immediatly called Verizon.

Quoting angziety:

Oh wow.. that's crazy.  We have Verizon for our cell phone but we've never used more than.. 2 gigs of data.  We do get the unlimited data but heard about their cap.  Did you have a heart attack when you got that bill?  I would! 

Quoting sweetnsexymom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angziety
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM

lol.. "umm.. there are too many zeros here.."

Quoting sweetnsexymom:

Oh yeah! I totally freaked out. I was like um honey? Something is wrong with the Verizon bill! He's like what? I said well its way way more than what its supposed to be. He looked and immediatly called Verizon.

Quoting angziety:

Quoting sweetnsexymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)