• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh! 7 hours in the e.r.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:34 AM
  • 12 Replies
I went in to check on dd last night before I went to bed. Her breathing was heavy & fast. So bad it was like she couldn't catch her breath. I waited a few minutes & went back to check on her. It was the same so I decided to carry her to the e.r. After being there for 7 hours we find out she has a double ear infection & of course a cold. She has had 3 ear infections before and never had problems with them bothering her. The same thing this time. If it hadn't of been for her breathing we wouldn't have known about the infection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife009
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Aww, poor thing. I hope she gets better soon.

We had that problem a couple of weeks ago. My youngest dd hadn't been sleeping well, she showed no other signs. She didn't tug at her ears and was eating fine, just didn't want to sleep. Decided to take her in to the pedi and come to find out she had an ear infection in both ears, one side was worse than the other. 

MisfitInTN
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:37 AM
My ds had chronic ear infections. He got to where we wouldn't know he had one he was so used to them but he wouldn't sleep refused to nurse. They finally put tubes in at 9 months and removed his adenoids at 17 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM
Aww I hope sd hes gets better quickly..i hate to see lil ones sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaysha
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
hope your dd gets to feeling better soon. and off subject, your screen name intreagues me. merrell is my family name and i dont see it very often, expecially spelled the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan

Aaww the poor baby. I hope she feels better real soon.

momma2b2008
My daughter is the same way. I never know when she gets ear infections, although its a little easier now since she had tubes in her ears. She had about 10 ear infections in a year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle07
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beautisticaware
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM
My son as a baby was the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Poor thing. My dd is the same way. I took her to urgent care last year and the doctor said her ear was horribly inflamed and didn't believe me that she wasn't complaining about it. So he asked her if her ear hurt. She said yes and he asked her which one....she pointed to the wrong one. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Weird thing is we have friends whose last name is Merrell & it is spelled the same way too, but they are not kin to us!

Quoting kaysha:

hope your dd gets to feeling better soon. and off subject, your screen name intreagues me. merrell is my family name and i dont see it very often, expecially spelled the same way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)