• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxious.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM
  • 10 Replies
My DH and I are going to fill out mortgage loan applications. If we don't get approved for a single one, I will be devastated.

***backstory
We got a notice to vacate our home by March 7th yesterday because they want to utilize our lot for "non-renting purposes.". We're buying a mobile home because lot rent, mortgage and homeowner's insurance combined will be about what we pay now ($550). It's much better than moving into the sliding scale apartment complexes around here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
betsyabel
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!!

Trin0714
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck sweets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

LadyFreeRider
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Good luck! I hope you get one. Its always stressful when you get a place pulled out from under you like that and then have to worry about how your going to get the money to move. We had that happen once. We rented a place for 2 years, always had our rent in on time, etc. Well after we renewed the lease for another year the landlord came over and said we had 1 month to move. Mind you its the beginning of the new year and we have 5 kids we are supporting. Money was tapped and DH had shitty credit. Mine was shittier. Lol. He said it was because he had a guy that was going to buy the house and property flat out and he wanted to get it sold. Asshole. So we found a place (right before we were to get evicted) and we are currently buying it. Jokes on him because after we moved out the other guy backed out of the deal and bought a place in the same subdivision we moved to :) I believe you will get it and be just fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristyann
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boredmom47265
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM

um...Not to sart shit where you live, but here in North Vernon a new Wal-Mart Supercenter is going up. Wal-Mart purchased land with approx. 6 renters in Trailors (I think they owned the trailor, but rented the lot) They were offered (through some law) about $5000 each for relocating...Hope this helps.

SamiJ18
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Yep...we're not in trouble or anything. We have lived in this home for 3 years. Never late on rent, never in trouble with the law and every time we have been given a notice to fix something, it was done well before 5 days.

As soon as I get out of my 8:00 class, my DH and I are going to fill out applications.

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

Good luck! I hope you get one. Its always stressful when you get a place pulled out from under you like that and then have to worry about how your going to get the money to move. We had that happen once. We rented a place for 2 years, always had our rent in on time, etc. Well after we renewed the lease for another year the landlord came over and said we had 1 month to move. Mind you its the beginning of the new year and we have 5 kids we are supporting. Money was tapped and DH had shitty credit. Mine was shittier. Lol. He said it was because he had a guy that was going to buy the house and property flat out and he wanted to get it sold. Asshole. So we found a place (right before we were to get evicted) and we are currently buying it. Jokes on him because after we moved out the other guy backed out of the deal and bought a place in the same subdivision we moved to :) I believe you will get it and be just fine!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I am in LA. We have a Walmart well within our vicinity.

What they have been doing in our trailer park is tossing out the old homes (ours is over 10 years old) and replacing them with new ones and jacking up the rent. Last year, they said they wanted to move our home to a different lot and put a road there. My guess is they are building the road but they don't want to keep our trailer.

This makes me so sad but there is really nothing I can do except find a new home.

Quoting boredmom47265:

um...Not to sart shit where you live, but here in North Vernon a new Wal-Mart Supercenter is going up. Wal-Mart purchased land with approx. 6 renters in Trailors (I think they owned the trailor, but rented the lot) They were offered (through some law) about $5000 each for relocating...Hope this helps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boredmom47265
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Well good luck then...it's hard to find affordable living anymore
 in our area, and the ones that are a steal need lots of work.

Don't forget to ask for a copy of your credit report so you can fight any needed discrepencies.

Quoting SamiJ18:

I am in LA. We have a Walmart well within our vicinity.

What they have been doing in our trailer park is tossing out the old homes (ours is over 10 years old) and replacing them with new ones and jacking up the rent. Last year, they said they wanted to move our home to a different lot and put a road there. My guess is they are building the road but they don't want to keep our trailer.

This makes me so sad but there is really nothing I can do except find a new home.

Quoting boredmom47265:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)