Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? YOU Need Sleep?!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

I RARELY complain about my husband, but he said something this morning that just made my blood boil.

My girls (7 and 2) share a room. My 2 year old has a cold and we have a humidifier in their room for her. This has caused moisture to make the door swell, so it's kind of loud when you open it.

I get DD7 up at 6:40 for school. DD2 wakes up with her, either because of the door or because she just wakes up (she didn't prior to us getting the humidifier).

Usually, I let my kids walk to the bus stop with the neighbor kids, but this morning, I drove them because it was sprinkling (it's not that far, only take half a minute to walk up there). I went to wake DH up so I did't have to take DD2 with me.

He says "What the crap? We are going to have to put DD7 in with DS, 'cause I can't keep getting up like this. I need my sleep!"

REALLY?! We went to bed at the same time last night. I got up several times with DD2 because she would come uncovered or wanted a drink. I get up, every morning, to get the kids and he sleeps until about 7:30. And he needs HIS sleep?! Hell, last week, I was up all night long, sick as a damn dog, puking and well....I had tummy issues. I asked him to get up with the kids and he wouldn't. I was EXHAUSTED and just wanted to sleep.

*sigh*

Am I wrong in getting annoyed by this?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM
5 moms liked this

Posts like this make me happy I'm a single mom. Yes I would be irritated. 

ilayframe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
No you are not wrong. But a lot of men can't hack anything... big ol babies.. thats why women are mommies :). Hope dd feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Does he work? Do you work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:30 AM
I get annoyed by that stuff too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trin0714
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Men have no clue what we do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Since I'm able to stay home, my husband and I have a deal:  I get up every morning, even on his days off, at 6, so I can get the kids up, fed, and into their morning routine without too much hassle.  But if he's home and I feel the need for a nap (I'm pregnant), he gets the kids, no questions asked.

wittyscreenname
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM

We both work. I'm about to get ready and go in. I work part time, from 8-1, he works 10-7. After I get off work, I switch hats to the SAHM hat and do the running of errands, cleaning, cooking, etc, etc, etc. Sometimes, I'm going until about 9 at night. When he gets home, he sits down and plays his video game.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Does he work? Do you work?

KerryK
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Me too, if I am going to have to do everything myself I don't need to deal with the aggravation.

Quoting klespeedy0205:

Posts like this make me happy I'm a single mom. Yes I would be irritated. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:33 AM

BF does the same thing. I work 3rd shift, get out at 8am, and then wait until he wakes up around 11 before I get ready for bed. At noon he sends DS up to nap with me so he can go play in the garage and we are awake again by 3 at the latest. I've been living on 3 to 4 hours of sleep a day for the past year and he's always the one complaining that he doesn't get to sleep enough.

3greatkids751
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM
I'd have it out with my dh. However my dh really does need his sleep lol he wakes up at 4:30 every morning to be to work so I can't say much. GL mama and no you weren't wrong he's just being a douche.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)