Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you have sprint and live in Kansas or Oklahoma; some of you may become roaming on March 1st!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 7 Replies
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mackQuin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Effective March 1, 2012, on-network coverage in portions of Kansas and Oklahoma will change to roaming (off-network). Customers with Sprint-branded devices will be impacted when using services in the affected areas.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Boy that's gonna piss some people off. 

mackQuin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM

mackQuin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Quoting sherry132:

its a huge chunk of oklahoma! At least that is what it looks like according to me.  holy crap!

luv_my_xiya
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
They should be able to get out of their contracts because of this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

They should be able to get out of their contracts because of this

they dont' really say that on the website. I would be so pissed though. We were looking at Sprint before deciding on AT&T. phew!

How will I know if I am roaming?

Sprint devices notify the user that they are roaming via a roaming indicator/icon of a triangle or an ‘R’ on the device. Some devices may display a roam banner. If you prefer not to roam, you can change the settings on your device to “Sprint” or “Home” Network. By changing the settings to Sprint or Home, your device will not automatically roam when you are outside of Sprint on-network coverage areas and you will lose coverage in the affected areas. Refer to your device User Guide to navigate to these changes. Changing the device setting to “Automatic” will allow your device to roam. Keep in mind however, that there may be additional costs associated with roaming, depending on your rate plan. See your User Guide for assistance on changing these settings.

What impact does the coverage change have to my wireless services?

Customers may experience a slower overall data speed and there are some voice and data services not available while roaming.

Voice services that may not be available while roaming:

• Sprint Mobile to Mobile & Any Mobile, Anytime plan features; minutes will be billed as either Anytime or Night & Weekend minutes (depending on call begin time) or may incur roaming usage charges (depending on current plan)
  • Calls using certain * (star) and # (pound) symbols will be unavailable. To reach Sprint Customer Care while roaming, dial 1-888-211-4727 (4PCS)
  • Message waiting indicator (select areas only)

Data services that may not be available while roaming:

• DataLink
  • Music downloads/purchases from Sprint Music Plus
  • Select Location Based Services, including Sprint Family Locator

Will this change have any impact to my bill?

This change may impact your bill, depending upon the features included in your plan. Almost all Sprint plans since 2008 include roaming and as well as most of the popular plans since 2005. Some older plans and the Sprint Month-to-Month plan do not include roaming in the plan. As this area is now changing to roaming, there may be incremental charges for calling activity while in this area. Also, customers that relied on Sprint Mobile to Mobile, or Any Mobile, Anytime calling features will now use Anytime minutes and may incur additional anytime minutes charges. Please review your plan details to assist in determining the impact of this change.

Will this change have any effect on the way I use Sprint service?

Sprint has implemented Terms & Conditions for roaming. There is a limit to the number of minutes and kilobytes of data that can be used in roaming areas. Please review these roaming usage limits as this change will impact Sprint customer usage in the affected area.

For additional questions, please Contact Us.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM

A lot of people at Ft. Sill have sprint. They aren't going to be happy at all. It looks like a huge chunk to me also, but then again, sprint has never worked well in Oklahoma. That's why I have At&t

Quoting mackQuin:

Quoting sherry132:

its a huge chunk of oklahoma! At least that is what it looks like according to me.  holy crap!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)